From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Based on||El Marginal|
by Sebastián Ortega and Adrián Caetano
|Creative director(s)||Jorge Colón|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (list of episodes)|
|Production company(s)||Telemundo International Studios|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||25 September –|
11 October 2018
|Preceded by||El Señor de los Cielos|
|Followed by||Señora Acero|
The Inmate (Spanish: El Recluso) is an American television series produced by Telemundo Internacional Studios that premiered on Telemundo on 25 September 2018 and concluded on 11 October 2018. It is an adaptation of the Argentine television series titled El Marginal created by Sebastián Ortega and Adrián Caetano. The series tells the story of an ex-marine who enters a maximum security prison on the border between Mexico and the United States to investigate the kidnapping of the daughter of a prominent US judge.
An American ex-marine, Lázaro Mendoza (Ignacio Serricchio) enters a maximum security prison in Mexico (La Rotunda), under a false identity and accused of an alleged triple homicide. Now as Dante Pardo, his mission is to infiltrate a dangerous gang of prisoners and guards that operates inside and outside the prison. They are the main suspects in the kidnapping of the teenage daughter of an American judge named John Morris (Guy Ecker). Within La Rotunda, Lázaro has to discover who is the mastermind of the kidnapping and find the whereabouts of the girl.
- Ignacio Serricchio as Lázaro Mendoza/Dante Pardo
- Ana Claudia Talancón as Frida Villarreal
- Flavio Medina as Peniche
- Luis Felipe Tovar as Mariano Tavares
- David Chocarro as Santito
- Mariana Seoane as Roxana
- Guy Ecker as John Morris
- Isabella Castillo as Linda Morris
- Bradley Stryker as Jack
- Gustavo Sánchez Parra as Cuauhtémoc
- Leonardo Ortizgris as Florentino
- Alejandro Calva as La Foca
- Rodrigo Oviedo as Silvestre
- Ramón Medina as Marcial
- Erik Hayser as Jeremy Jones
- Diego Calva as El Rubio
- Kristyan Ferrer as El Syka
- Juan Pablo Castañeda as El Picudo
- Héctor Suárez as El Procurador
- Armando Espitia as Bocinas
- Hector Kotsifakis as El Muerto
- Ricardo Esquerra as El Sobaco
- Moisés Arizmendi as Porfirio
- Pepe Alonso as El Elegante
- Tiaré Scanda as Azucena Tavares
- Adriana Barraza as Guadalupe Mendoza
|Season||Timeslot (ET)||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers |
|1||Mon–Fri 10pm/9c||13||25 September 2018||1.54||11 October 2018||1.42||1.33||TBD|
|No.||Title||Directed by||Original air date||US viewers|
|1||"Dante Pardo es un infiltrado"||Jorge Colón & Mariano Ardanaz||25 September 2018||1.54|
|Accused of triple homicide, Lázaro Mendoza, a former marine, enters the prison, La Rotunda as Dante Pardo to fulfill a mission: rescue Linda, the daughter of Judge Morris.|
|2||"Dante tiene pistas de Linda"||Jorge Colón & Mariano Ardanaz||26 September 2018||1.38|
|Tavares, the leader of the gang that leads the prison, assigns Dante control of the courtyard, replacing La Foca. Dante hears that something happens to La Gringa, the young woman who he must rescue.|
|3||"Dante y el pasadizo secreto"||Jorge Colón & Mariano Ardanaz||27 September 2018||1.45|
|A map and the instructions of an old assassin, still imprisoned in La Rotunda, take Dante through a tunnel that leads him to Linda's cell. His life is in danger, they persecute him tirelessly.|
|4||"Porfirio chantajea al juez"||Mariano Ardanaz & Alfonso Pineda Ulloa||28 September 2018||1.16|
|With the data that Dante gives him about Linda and behind the back of the undercover soldier, Porfirio blackmails the judge and pays half a million dollars. El Elegante is free, but refuses to leave.|
|5||"Ordenan el traslado de Linda"||Mariano Ardanaz & Alfonso Pineda Ulloa||1 October 2018||1.31|
|Tavares puts Santito in charge of the mission of moving Linda. Dante participates and manages to filter the location of the Ranch, where they take her. Judge Morris sends Jack to rescue his daughter.|
|6||"Ocultan a Linda"||Mariano Ardanaz & Alfonso Pineda Ulloa||2 October 2018||1.33|
|After the failed attempt, it is time to remove Linda from prison and do some maneuvers to avoid being discovered. Frida announces to Peniche that she opened an investigation.|
|7||"Morris traiciona a Dante"||TBA||3 October 2018||1.35|
|The ranch where they have Linda, is surrounded by Morris snipers. The band of the Tavares takes a surprise and in the middle of the shooting, Dante is wounded and deceived.|
|8||"Dante libre por 24 horas"||Alfonso Pineda Ulloa & Mariano Ardanaz||4 October 2018||1.26|
|Peniche gives Dante permission to be absent and manages to get a passport, money and a weapon. He goes over the border and looks for Morris. He gets a call from his son, Pablito.|
|9||"Frida tras el caso de Pablito"||Alfonso Pineda Ulloa & Mariano Ardanaz||5 October 2018||1.10|
|Although Dante asks her not to call the police, Frida takes a risk and makes contact with an agent, brother of an inmate, telling him that he is a child who lost the couple who took care of him.|
|10||"Frida descubre quién es Dante"||Alfonso Pineda Ulloa & Mariano Ardanaz||8 October 2018||1.28|
|When trying to find Pablito's location, Frida discovers Dante's entire history as a former soldier and his rescue mission at La Rotunda, in which he was betrayed and she confronts him.|
|11||"Linda, la espía de Dante"||Alfonso Pineda Ulloa||9 October 2018||1.32|
|After Frida visits Linda in Texas, Judge Morris's daughter goes to the prison, in disguise, to help Dante find his son. Santito's father is killed. Tavares swears revenge.|
|12||"Dante y Frida se besan"||Alfonso Pineda Ulloa||10 October 2018||1.35|
|After making the decision to return to the US where Dante Pardo does not exist, nor has problems with the law, Lázaro kisses Frida and invites her to leave with him. Linda and Frida go for Pablito.|
|13||"Dante sale de la prisión"||Alfonso Pineda Ulloa & Jorge Colón||11 October 2018||1.42|
|In the middle of the chaos, deceiving the authorities and wearing the uniform of a fireman, Dante leaves the penitentiary by the main door of La Rotunda and is released. He says goodbye to Frida.|
Awards and nominations
|2019||International Emmy Award||Best Non-English Language U.S. Primetime Program||El recluso||Pending|
- González, Moisés. "¿Cuándo finaliza El señor de los cielos 6 y quién lo sustituye?". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "Telemundo International Studios Launches Its First Production "El Recluso" (The Inmate)". nbcumv.com. Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- "Telemundo Announces The Premiere Of "El Recluso" (The Inmate), An Exclusive 13-night Event Starting Tuesday, September 25 At 10pm/9c". nbcumv.com. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "'El Recluso' Series Trailer Video: Telemundo International Studios Launches New Production At NATPE 2018". latintimes.com. Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- Littleton, Cynthia. "Telemundo International Studios Unveils First Drama Series at NATPE". variety.com. Variety. Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- Torres, Miguel. "Cadena Telemundo estrenará en verano la serie "El Recluso"". tvboricuausa.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'New Amsterdam' Series Debut Matches NBC's Highest-Rated In-Season Telecast within Time Slot in Two Years". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Thursday Final Ratings: 'Station 19' on ABC Reaches Series-High in Crossover with 'Grey's Anatomy'". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Wednesday Final Ratings: Mediocre Debuts for 'Single Parents' and 'A Million Little Things' on ABC". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Thursday Final Ratings: 20 Million Watch Brett Kavanaugh Hearing Across Six Networks". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Friday Final Ratings: Fox Premiere of 'Last Man Standing' Gives Series its Best Performance in Six Years". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Monday Final Ratings: Modest Start to 'The Neighborhood' on CBS". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Tuesday Final Ratings: ESPN Leads Prime Time in Most Key Adult and Male Demos with Rockies-Cubs National League Wild Card Game". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 4 October 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Wednesday Final Ratings: Athletics-Yankees American League Wild Card Game Helps TBS Top Prime Time in All Key Adult and Male Demos". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Thursday Final Ratings: Modest Start to MLB National League Division Series on Cable". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 6 October 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Friday Final Ratings: Yankees-Red Sox on TBS Posts Most-Watched MLB Division Series Game One in Eight Years". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Monday Final Ratings: Washington-New Orleans 'MNF' on ESPN More Than Triples the Adults 18-49 Crowd of Red Sox-Yankees American League Division Series Game 3 on TBS". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Tuesday Final Ratings: Red Sox American League Division Series Clincher over Yankees Leads TBS to Prime Time Victory Among Adults 18-49 and All Key Male Demos". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Wednesday Final Ratings: Minimal Initial Sampling for Series Debut of 'All American' on CW". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- Roxborough, Scott. "International Emmys: 'McMafia,' 'Bad Banks' Among Best Drama Nominees". hollywoodreporter.com. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 20 September 2019.