Nicky Jam: El GanadorWikipedia open wikipedia design.
|Nicky Jam: El Ganador|
|Directed by||Jessy Terrero|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (list of episodes)|
|Production company(s)||Endemol Shine Boomdog|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||30 November 2018|
Nicky Jam: El Ganador is an American biographical television series based on the life of reggaeton singer Nicky Jam. The series is directed by Jessy Terrero, and produced by Endemol Shine Boomdog for Telemundo, and Netflix. It stars Nicky Jam as the titular character. Filming began on 15 January 2018, and the series consists of 13 episodes.
The series focuses on Nicky Jam, an American young born in Lawrence, Massachusetts of Dominican mother and Puerto Rican father. Nicky had a very difficult childhood, because he grew up in an environment stained by drugs and crime, since he lived in a dangerous city and his parents used illicit substances. When he was about 8 years old, he went to live on the Island of Puerto Rico along with his father José Rivera and her sister Stephanie after the divorce of their parents. It would be in San Juan, Puerto Rico where he would spend most of his life. From an early age he became interested in urban music, he began to sing genres such as reggaeton and rap when he was a teenager and thus he would attract the attention of several important producers and singers of Puerto Rico for the time. At approximately 19 years old, he formed a musical duo along with the renowned artist Daddy Yankee (José Ayala) called Los Cangris. This duo was one of the best in the urban genre at that time until due to conflicts between artists, it came to an end. However, Nicky was abusing drugs since he was young and that hurt him in his personal life and in his artistic career that would go down to bottom. But the artist moves to Medellin, Colombia where he begins his rehabilitation process to get away from drugs. Already rehabilitated, Nicky decides to try again in the world of music and his career was growing again until he reached the top.
- Nicky Jam as Himself
- Darkiel as Young Nicky
- Avery Rodríguez as Child Nicky
- Essined Aponte as Aleysha
- José Caro as José Rivera
- Alexon Duprey as Young José Rivera
- Mariana Monclova as Young Isabel Caminero
- José Arroyo as Daddy Yankee
- Diego Cadavid as Juan Diego
- Modesto Lacen as Pedro
- Leli Hernández as Stephanie Rivera
- Ana Lucía Domínguez as Rosa
- Osvaldo Friger as Alberto Stylee
- J Balvin as Himself
- Sharlene Taulé as Cassandra
- Valentino as Himself
- Wes Williams as Miguel
- Ñengo Flow as Himself
- De La Ghetto as The Barber
- Noel Gugliemi as Stephen
- Elyfer Torres as Julia
- Néstor Rodulfo as Cuti
- Gilluis Pérez as Chino
|No.||Title||English title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date||U.S. air date |
|1||"Los Cangris"||"The Cangris"||Jessy Terrero||Ari Maniel Cruz||30 November 2018||16 September 2019|
|Nicky Jam talks about the death of Tito, his music producer in the beginning. Tito was a fundamental part of Los Cangris, but due to his problems with drugs, he asked Cuti's brother for drugs without paying him before, after this Cuti's brother goes to Tito to ask him to pay what he owns him, but he tells him he will pay later. After a strong discussion between them, Tito murders Cuti's brother and then puts him in the trunk of his car and sets the car on fire. Subsequently, Cuti finds out who murdered his brother, and kills Tito, but that did not help him feel good about himself, so he decides to seek revenge in Los Cangris, and threatens them to death.|
|2||"Escape a Nueva Yol"||"Escape To New York"||Jessy Terrero||Kisha Tikina Burgos||30 November 2018||17 September 2019|
|3||"Con el micrófono y la forty"||"With The Mic, And The 40 Caliber"||Jessy Terrero||Ray Figueroa||30 November 2018||18 September 2019|
|4||"En la cama"||"In The Bed"||Jessy Terrero||Ari Maniel Cruz||30 November 2018||19 September 2019|
|5||"El infiltrado"||"The Infiltrated"||Jessy Terrero||Kisha Tikina Burgos||30 November 2018||20 September 2019|
|6||"Vida escante"||"Escante Life"||Jessy Terrero||Ray Figueroa||30 November 2018||23 September 2019|
|7||"El origen"||"The Origin"||Jessy Terrero||Kisha Tikina Burgos||30 November 2018||24 September 2019|
|8||"El futuro es paisa"||"The Future Is Paisa"||Jessy Terrero||Ray Figueroa||30 November 2018||25 September 2019|
|9||"Medellín"||"Medellín"||Jessy Terrero||Ari Maniel Cruz||30 November 2018||26 September 2019|
|10||"Cold Turkey"||"Cold Turkey"||Jessy Terrero||Ray Figueroa||30 November 2018||27 September 2019|
|11||"Ave Fénix"||"The Fenix"||Jessy Terrero||Kisha Tikina Burgos||30 November 2018||30 September 2019|
|12||"Un pastel"||"Isabel"||Jessy Terrero||Ray Figueroa||30 November 2018||1 October 2019|
|13||"Dímelo Papi llegamos al Choli"||"Tell Me Daddy, We Arrived To The Choli"||Jessy Terrero||Ari Maniel Cruz||30 November 2018||2 October 2019|
- Miranda, Rossana. "Todo listo para la serie "El Ganador" sobre la vida de Nicky Jam". mx.blastingnews.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- Rivera, Nayeli. "Todo sobre "El Ganador"". monitorlatino.com. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- Trejos, Carolina. "Las vida de Nicky Jam llegará a la pequeña pantalla con la nueve serie El ganador de Telemundo". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). People en Español. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- "Telemundo To Premiere Bio-series Nicky Jam: El Ganador Based On The Life Of Latin Music Sensation". nbcumv.com. Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- Torres, Miguel. ""Nicky Jam: El Ganador" llega finalmente a la pantalla de Telemundo". tvboricuausa.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 September 2019.
- "Netflix entrega adelanto de 'El Ganador', la serie biográfica de Nicky Jam". eluniversal.com.co (in Spanish). El Universal. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Acerca de Nicky Jam: El Ganador". Now Telemundo (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 7 October 2019. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
|This article relating to a drama television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Telemundo article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|