Sin vergüenza (TV series)
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
L-R: Maite, Paloma, Fernanda, Renata
|Created by||Isamar Hernández|
|Developed by||Valentina Párraga|
|Country of origin||Colombia|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||86|
|Executive producer||Hugo León Ferrer|
|Production locations||Bogotá, Colombia Rome, Italy|
|Running time||42-45 minutes|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||April 16 –|
August 21, 2007
|Followed by||La Esclava Isaura|
Sin Vergüenza (Spanish pronunciation: [sim beɾˈɣwensa], No Shame/Shameless) is a Spanish-language telenovela produced by Telemundo and RTI Colombia. This limited-run series about four beautiful, yet very different women, resembles a Latin version of Sex and the City meets Desperate Housewives. Venezuelan actress Gaby Espino stars. The series ran up to three seasons and up to 45 minutes with commercials.
Telemundo debuted Sin Vergüenza on weeknights at 10 p.m. ET/PT. After the early weeks received disappointing ratings, it moved to daytime, airing weekdays at 1 p.m. ET/PT from May 7 until August 21, 2007.
Filmed in Bogotá, this steamy serial features four vivacious, sensual and self-willed heroines, who share an intense friendship and co-own a lingerie store called Sin Vergüenza.
- Renata Sepúlveda (Gaby Espino), an unmarried, childless, upwardly-mobile executive who takes advantage of her affair with her married boss, Raimundo Montes (Javier Gómez). His wife Meme (Diana Quijano) controls half of their company.
- Paloma San Miguel (Paola Toyos), a bohemian mother who wants to become an art dealer. Her two children are named Roque and Candelaria. Paloma must now choose between her new live-in beau Rafael Velez (Alejandro de la Madrid) and her separated husband, Julián (Salvador del Solar).
- Maite Contreras (Ivonne Montero) manages the lingerie shop. This fun-loving free spirit who still lives like a teenager—and dates Kike (Luis Ernesto Franco), a much younger man. She also has a mother (Natalia Giraldo) who won't leave her alone. Her whole life shakes when she discovers her son Vincente (José Julián Gaviria) faces an unexpected illness. Maite must now deal with Max (Alfredo Annert), his father, whom she hasn't seen in eleven years.
- Fernanda Montes (Margarita Ortega), a teacher is Raimundo's sister. She is a devoted mother to two little girls named Isabel and Ana. Fernanda runs into Cristóbal (Cristóbal Lander), an old flame who reminds her that the passion has left her marriage. Her husband, Esteban del Río (Jorge Aravena), also works for Raimundo and Meme.
Inseparable since childhood, these passionate women share the most intimate secrets with one another, including romances, adventures and heartaches. Each of them has her own unique personality and seeks love, companionship and fulfillment in a different way. This charming quartet realizes the modern world is not the fairy tale that they dreamed about long ago.
|Gaby Espino||Renata Sepulveda||Main heroine. Friend of Maite, Fernanda and Paloma, in love with Raimundo; later adoptive mother of Gabriel|
|Ivonne Montero||Maite Contreras||Main heroine. Mother of Vicente. Max´s wife|
|Margarita Ortega||Fernanda Montes||Main heroine. Wife of Esteban, sister of Raimundo, mother of Ana and Isabel|
|Paola Toyos||Paloma San Miguel||Main heroine. Ex-wife of Julian, mother of Roque, Candelaria and Abril|
|Javier Gómez||Raimundo Montes||Husband of Meme, father of Paola and Claudio, in love with Renata|
|Luis Ernesto Franco||Kike||ex-Boyfriend of Maite|
|Jorge Aravena||Esteban del Rio||Husband of Fernanda, father of Ana and Isabel, colleague of Raimundo and Meme|
|Salvador del Solar||Julian Gutierrez||Actor, ex-husband of Paloma, father of Roque and Candelaria|
|Alejandro de la Madrid||Rafael Valdez||Boyfriend of Paloma|
|Diana Quijano||Mercedes 'Meme' del Solar||Villain. Wife of Raimundo, mother of Paola and Claudio. Arrested by the police|
|Estefania Godoy||Paola Montes||Daughter of Meme and Raimundo, in love with Kike|
|Andres Fierro||Claudio Montes||Son of Meme and Raimundo|
|Jose Julian Gaviria||Vicente Contreras||Son of Maite and Max|
|Cristobal Lander||Cristobal Gonzalez||Villain. Father of Manuela.killed by the police.''|
|Alfredo Ahnert||Max Aldana||ex-Husband of Grace, father of Vicente and Sara. Maite´s husband|
|Laila Vieira||Grace de Aldana||Villain. ex-Wife of Max, mother of Sara. Arrested by the police|
|Lady Noriega||Silvia||Mother of Renata|
|Natalia Giraldo||Teresa Contreras||Mother of Maite|
|Danilo Santos||Mariano Garcia||Villain. Colleague of Meme, father of Matilde. killed by Renata|
|Ines Prieto||Ruth||Housekeeper in Paloma's house|
|Ivett Zamora||Nelly||Maid in Fernanda's house|
|Luz Marina Martelo||Clara||Meme's secretary|
|Martha Liliana Calderon||Beatriz Montoya||Doctor, ex-friend of Grace, mother of Matilde|
This show is also known as Cuatro Rosas ("Four Roses") and 4 Lives... For Love. It is based on the 2006 TVN comedy-drama Entre Medias ("In Between"). The four heroines parallel the four temperaments.
On-air promotions for this serial began on Telemundo on March 2, 2007. The network originally announced back in 2006 that the show would join its daytime lineup, airing at 1 p.m. ET/PT, which is where it ultimately wound up. Telemundo originally planned to run 120 original hours from Monday to Friday over about 26 weeks, but the order was apparently cut to 80 hours. Only 14 episodes aired in prime time, three of which were cut to a half hour. Recaps of those shows aired during the first week in daytime. During the initial run, Telemundo broadcast English subtitles as closed captions on CC1, but abruptly dropped them during the afternoon time slot.
Hugo León Ferrer was executive producer. Venezuelan screenwriter Valentina Párraga originally developed the teleplay but dropped out and was replaced by another Venezuelan screenwriter, Isamar Hernández, who made it resemble a story she wrote on early 1990s. The show was directed by Rodolfo Hoyos and Andres Biermann.
- Telemundo International Sin Vergüenza page (English, requires Flash)
- Telenovela World (bilingual)
- Telemundo official Sin Vergüenza site (Spanish)
- official site for Entre Medias (Spanish)
- CUATRO AMIGAS NOS ENSEÑAN A VIVIR LA VIDA "SIN VERGÜENZA" EN TELEMUNDO A PARTIR DEL 16 DE ABRIL A LAS 10PM/9c[permanent dead link]
- Live From the Upfronts - Los Angeles Times
- LAMUSICA.COM // Gaby Espino pospone su boda una vez más
- www.2001.com.ve: Archived 2008-10-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Cuatro Amigas Nos Enseñan A Vivir La Vida "Sin Vergüenza" / Telemundo Premieres "Sin Verguenza" (No Shame)[permanent dead link]
- Ella es Renata, Sin Verguenza - Yahoo! Telemundo TV
- Maite, Sin Verguenza - Yahoo! Telemundo TV
- Fernanda, Sin Verguenza - Yahoo! Telemundo TV
- News - TVWeek
- A banner on Telemundo's tepuy.com site promotes an 80-episode package for international distribution.