Marido en alquiler
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Marido en alquiler|
|Created by||Perla Farías|
|Based on||Fina Estampa|
by Aguinaldo Silva
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||141|
|Executive producer||David Posada|
|Editor||Hader Antivar Duque|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||July 10, 2013 –|
January 13, 2014
|Related shows||Fina Estampa|
Marido en alquiler is an American telenovela premiered on Telemundo on July 10, 2013, and concluded on January 13, 2014. The telenovela is created by the Venezuelan author Perla Farías, based on the Brazilian drama written by Aguinaldo Silva, entitled Fina Estampa. Produced by Telemundo Studios and Rede Globo de Televisão, and distributed by Telemundo Internacional.
It stars Sonya Smith as Griselda Carrasco — A woman who is dedicated to the business of repairing cars and appliances, and striving to ensure that her children have a better future, along with Juan Soler as Reinaldo Ibarra, Maritza Rodríguez as Teresa Cristina, Roberto Manrique as Kike, Gabriel Coronel as José Antonio, Kimberly Dos Ramos as Patricia Ibarra, Ricardo Chávez as Gabriel Rodríguez, and Miguel Varoni as José Salinas.
Griselda Carrasco (Sonya Smith) is a middle-aged handywoman in a working class community. She takes care of her three kids and grandson after José Antonio (Miguel Varoni), her husband, disappeared at sea 15 years ago.
Needing to support her family, Griselda takes on a job doing what she knows best: Fixing the crumbling neighborhood with her trusty toolbox while traveling in her Van. She becomes the friendly neighborhood "Husband for Hire."
On one of her drives around the city she meets the charming and car mechanics-clueless There we have Griselda, aboard a colorful van, across Miami and destined to run into Teresa Cristina (Maritza Rodríguez), a lady of elegant manners, smug, capable of committing the worst follies and married to Reinaldo (Juan Soler), famous chef of the restaurant Gourmet Palmer. A man of good feelings but unable to change a tire, Reinaldo will be intrigued, if not spellbound, before Griselda, the woman who solves that problem in a two by three.
What Griselda ignores is that Antonio (Gabriel Coronel), her son, is the boyfriend of Patricia (Kimberly Dos Ramos), the daughter of Reinaldo and Teresa Cristina, who will eventually become their worst enemy. To her great surprise – and disappointment – she discovers that Antonio presented to his future in-laws a certain Giselle (Elluz Peraza), an actress who hired to pretend to be her mother, since she appeared to be a class woman.
But her luck changes overnight, by winning the jackpot of the lottery: 43 million dollars. From then on her life will not be the same, although she stands firm in her beliefs and values. With a new look, "La Carrasco" creates the "Maridas de Alquiler" network, although his fortune also attracts a few interested parties, starting with José Antonio (Miguel Varoni), who rises from the dead when he learns that his wife is now a millionaire.
To the misfortune of Teresa Cristina, Griselda moves to a mansion in its same luxurious urbanization and now must support the person who most despises as its neighbor. He declares war on her, without imagining that Reinaldo, tired of his lies, will abandon her to go after Griselda, whom he has deeply fallen in love with. At his side, the handsome chef will be reunited with the values of friendship, love and family in which he always believed.
Aguinaldo Silva, author of the Brazilian original Fina Estampa, will be supervising adaptation and screenplay for Telemundo together with Perla Farías. As of July 21, 2012, the adaptation is ongoing. Mr. Silva is best known for incredible rating successes such as Roque Santeiro in the 80s, and Vale Tudo adapted in the 2000s by Telemundo as Vale todo.
The working title in TV Globo for Fina Estampa in Brazil was Marido de Aluguel, however, it was later changed. For Telemundo's version, it used the Marido de Aluguel name, though it translated it in Spanish.
Opening credits and theme
Latin Grammy award winner Ana Bárbara performs the soap opera's theme song Yo Soy La Mujer. The singer also participated in the soap opera. Yo Soy La Mujer is also the title to Ana Barbara's eleventh studio album. The track Yo Soy La Mujer was re-recorded in Banda and became part of Ana Bárbara's music repertoire. The song was inspired by the hard work, struggle, and immense effort put forth by Griselda Carrasco as a single parent to support her three children and grandson.
Also part of the opening theme is the song by Carlos Gatica, called Como te explico, a love song inspired by Reinaldo and Griselda.
Cast and characters
- Griselda Carrasco (Sonya Smith), is a fighter, a hardworking and humble woman who is dedicated to working as a handyman to keep a family of three children and one grandchild after her husband was lost at sea 15 years ago.
- Teresa Cristina Palmer (Maritza Rodríguez), is a materialistic and snobbish woman. She Reinaldo's wife and Patricia's mother. Her main enemy is Griselda.
- Reinaldo Ibarra (Juan Soler), is a culinary art lover who works as chef of a famous restaurant. He is the husband of Teresa Cristina and the father of Patricia.
- José Salinas (Miguel Varoni), is the ex-husband of Griselda, and father of Antonio, Kike and Amalia.
- José Enrique "Kike" Salinas Carrasco (Roberto Manrique), is Griselda's eldest son and Kikito's father, and the boyfriend of Bárbara. He works at a taco bar to help support his mother and young son. Kike is an exemplary father and he strives to keep Kikito happy.
- José Antonio Salinas Carrasco (Gabriel Coronel), is Griselda's son, the only of the three who could enter the university through their own efforts. He was always a bright child who received a scholarship since entering high school.[clarification needed] Antonio is overly ambitious and ashamed of his humble upbringing, especially his mother's lack of education and appearance.
- Patricia Ibarra Palmer (Kimberly Dos Ramos), is Teresa Cristina and Reinaldo's daughter. She is humble and has a special relationship with her father, a closeness that is not shared with her mother.
- Gabriel Rodríguez (Ricardo Chávez), is the owner of a Mexican "Tacos Bar". He is a hard worker and is deeply in love with Griselda.
Awards and nominations
|2013||Premios People en Español|
|Best Telenovela||Perla Farías||Nominated|
|Best Actress||Sonya Smith||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Juan Soler||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Kimberly Dos Ramos||Nominated|
|Best Female Antagonist||Maritza Rodríguez||Won|
|Best New Talent||Kimberly Dos Ramos||Nominated|
|Special Beauty Awards||Trainee Beauty TV||Kimberly Dos Ramos||Won|
|Youth TV Guy||Pablo Azar||Won|
|2014||Miami Life Award|
|Best Telenovela||Perla Farias||Won|
|Best Actress||Sonya Smith||Won|
|Best actor||Juan Soler||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress||Maritza Rodriguez||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Ricardo Chávez||Nominated|
|Best First Actress||Alba Roversi||Won|
|Best First Actor||Miguel Varoni||Won|
|Best Young Actress||Kimberly Dos Ramos||Won|
|Ana Carolina Grajales||Nominated|
|Best Young Actor||Pablo Azar||Nominated|
|Premios Tu Mundo|
|Novela of the Year||Perla Farias||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actress||Sonya Smith||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Boy||Miguel Varoni||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Girl||Maritza Rodríguez||Nominated|
|The Perfect Couple||Sonya Smith and Juan Soler||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Daniela Navarro||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Ariel Texido||Nominated|
|First Actress||Alba Roversi||Nominated|
|Junior Favorite Artist||Kimberly Dos Ramos||Won|
|Best Bad Luck Moment||When you have a flat tire truck||Nominated|
|!Qué papacito!||Gabriel Coronel||Won|
|I'm Sexy and I know it||Daniela Navarro||Nominated|
- ""Marido en Alquiler": gran estreno". telemundo51.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Video: Hoy, gran final de "Marido en alquiler"". telemundochicago.com (in Spanish). Telemundo Chicago. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- De Luca, Isabel. "Nos moldes brasileiros, 'Fina estampa' vira 'Marido en alquiler' em remake para o público hispânico". oglobo.globo.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Juan Soler Protagonista De La Nueva Telenovela "Marido En Alquiler"". starmedia.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Maritza Rodríguez será la villana de "Marido en alquiler"". eldiariony.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Talento venezolano se podrá ver en la novela "Marido en alquiler"". eluniversal.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Aguinaldo Silva". Bloglog.globo.com. Archived from the original on September 9, 2014. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Ana Bárbara canta tema de Marido en Alquiler - Video". Msnlatino.telemundo.com. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Conoce a los protagonistas de Marido en Alquiler" (in Spanish). Hola Ciudad.com. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "Conoce los personajes de ¨Marido en Alquiler¨ - ¿Quién es quién?" (in Spanish). TVBoricuausa. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "Estrellas del Año 2013" (in Spanish). PeopleenEspanol.com. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Premios People en Español 2013 - Categoría Telenovelas | Telenovelas" (in Spanish). Peopleenespanol.com. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Kimberly Dos Ramos y otros artistas son premiados con los Special Beauty Awards". Informe21.com. August 25, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Ganadores 2014". Miami Life Awards. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Anuncian nominados a Premios Tu Mundo" (in Spanish). El Especial. Archived from the original on July 20, 2014. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- Ale Rodríguez (July 15, 2014). "Lista de nominados de los Premios Tu Mundo 2014" (in Spanish). Notimex. Archived from the original on May 9, 2015. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- "Lista de finalistas a los Premios Tu Mundo 2014" (in Spanish). Entretenimiento Terra. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "¡Conoce a los ganadores de "Premios Tu Mundo 2014"!" (in Spanish). TVBoricuausa. Retrieved August 22, 2014.