From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Created by||Enrique Óscar Torres|
|Screenplay by||Sandra Velasco|
|Theme music composer||Marco Flores|
|Opening theme||"Rosa diamante" by Eli Flores|
|Country of origin|
|Original languages||Spanish, English|
|No. of episodes||129|
|Executive producer||Marcela Mejía|
|Producer||Ana Graciela Ugalde|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||July 10, 2012 –|
January 21, 2013
|Preceded by||Una Maid en Manhattan|
|Followed by||Pasión prohibida|
|Related shows||Perla negra (1994)|
Pérola negra (1998)
Rosa diamante (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈrosa ðjaˈmante], Diamond Rose) is a Spanish-language telenovela produced by United States-based television network Telemundo Studios, Miami and Mexican Argos Comunicación. It is a remake of Argentinian telenovela Perla Negra, written by Enrique Torres. Carla Hernández, Mauricio Ochmann, and Lupita Ferrer are starring in this telenovela.
From July 10 to July 23, 2012, Telemundo aired half-hour episodes of Rosa Diamante weeknights at 8:30pm/7:30c, along with Una Maid en Manhattan. Starting July 24, 2012, Telemundo aired Rosa Diamante weeknights at 8pm/7c, replacing Una Maid en Manhattan. The last episode was broadcast on January 21, 2013, with Pasión Prohibida replacing it the following day. As with most of its other telenovelas, the network broadcast English subtitles as closed captions on CC3.
A wealthy sophisticated woman (Rosaura) abandons a newborn baby girl in a boarding school, and leaves nineteen diamonds with her. 18 of the diamonds are meant to pay for each year of her school expenses, until the baby reaches eighteen years old, and the last diamond is pink colored, and is supposed to be given to the baby girl when she grows up and is ready to leave the school. Years pass, Rosa turns into a beautiful young lady. Her biggest treasures are her boundless imagination and her friendship with Eva, who is another girl at the boarding school.
One fine day, Eva meets a boy named José Ignacio, a wealthy young man who makes fun of her and pretends his name is Adam, just to lure her in. The young Eva falls in love and ends up pregnant but Jose Ignacio leaves her. After giving birth, a terrible car accident abruptly ends Eva's life. Rosa, who was also in the accident, is mistakenly identified as Eva in the aftermath, and Rosa lets everyone believe she really is Eva so that little Eduardito will not end up in an orphanage. Rosa sets on a plan of revenge on Jose Ignacio, who just happens to be Eva's cousin, Barbara's fiancé. She also strives to give Eduardito proper love.
- Mauricio Ochmann as José Ignacio Altamirano
- Lupita Ferrer as Rosaura Sotomayor
- Carla Hernández as Eva Sotomayor / Rosa Andrade
Also as main cast
- Claudia Ramírez as Raquel Altamirano
- Begoña Narváez as Bárbara Montenegro
- Sofía Lama as Andrea Fernández
- Luis Xavier as Gerardo Altamirano
- Manuel Balbi as Gabriel Robles
- Luciana Silveyra as Margaret Bridges / Margarita Puentes
- Néstor Rodulfo as Ramón Gómez
- Marco de Paula as Gerardo Altamirano Jr
- Patricia Conde as Leticia Sotomayor
- Ignacio Riva Palacio as Martín Montenegro
- Heriberto Méndez as Sergio Escobar
- Tsuria Díaz as Valeria Sotelo
- Mariana Villalvazo Martín as Lucía Altamirano
- Ofelia Guiza as Soledad "Chole"
- Marco Treviño as Antonio Andrade
- Julieta Grajales as Maria Corina Villalta
- Arnoldo Picazzo as Vladimir Bonilla
- Roberto Uscanga as Jairo Roncancio
- Patricio Castillo as Eduardo Sotomayor
- Thali García as Eva Sotomayor
- Constantino Costas as Rodolfo Montenegro
- Tamara Mazarrasa as Graciela
Awards and nominations
|2012||Premios People en Español 2012||Best Villain||Lupita Ferrer||Nominated|
|Revelation of the Year||Carla Hernández||Won|
|2013||Miami Life Awards 2013||TV - Best First Actress||Lupita Ferrer||Won|
|TV - Best Telenovela||Rosa Diamante||Nominated|
|2013||Premios Tu Mundo ||Favorite Lead Actress||Carla Hernández||Nominated|
|First Actress||Lupita Ferrer||Nominated|
- Telemundo kicks off the production of “Rosa diamante” A new primetime novela wholly procuded in Mexico that marks the return of Mauricio Ochmann to television
- Telemundo kicks off the production of Rosa Diamante. Archived 2012-05-05 at the Wayback Machine
- Telemundo estrena el martes “Rosa Diamante”
- Gran Final de Rosa Diamante: No te lo pierdas lunes 21 de enero.
- Amor o Interés: Pasión Prohibida 22 de Enero.
- Premios Tu Mundo 2013: Lista de estrellas nominadas
- Lista de nominados a los Premios Tu Mundo 2013
- "Premios Tu Mundo 2013: lista de ganadores (FOTOS)". Huffington Post. August 16, 2013.