From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Agency||Elite Miami, State Management, MMG New York|
Anchal Joseph (born January 3, 1987) is an American fashion model and actress. She is best known for participating in the seventh season of America's Next Top Model in 2006, as well as appearing on Deal or No Deal as a briefcase model in 2018. She was also featured in the pages of Vogue Paris, and made appearances on the television series White Collar, Gossip Girl, and Royal Pains.
Joseph was born in India, but her family migrated to Miami, Florida, when she was six years old. She was nineteen years old when she was scouted to try out for America's Next Top Model, Cycle 7; prior to ANTM she had also modelled for Zoom Magazine and French Vogue.
America's Next Top Model
Joseph was the sixth contestant to be selected to participate on the seventh cycle of America's Next Top Model and was told at casting by host Tyra Banks that she was one of the most physically beautiful contestants to ever participate in the competition. While she was often praised for the quality of her portfolio, her lack of self-confidence was often noted by the judging panel and she was eliminated after refusing to fully participate in a challenge that required her to perform a task while portraying a random emotion (dance aggressively), ranking seventh. Joseph stirred some controversy when she made comments about the fact that people with lighter hair, skin or eyes were perceived as better looking in India, when asked about her blue contacts by Tyra Banks, and that she wanted to persevere through those stereotypes. She was voted CoverGirl of the Week by the viewers during the third and fourth episode.
Modeling and acting career
Joseph has been featured in the pages of Vogue Paris, and ZOOM Magazine.America's Next Top Model Cycle 7.
She has made appearances and had roles between 2010 and 2011 on White Collar, Gossip Girl and Royal Pains.
After ANTM Joseph signed with photographer Manny Roman who helped her take another step into her modelling and acting career, booking her for Night Weekly Magazine, Artemis Allure Models Magazine, I AM CERA show / FUNKSHION Fashion week, Lila Nikole Show / Rock Fashion Week, Red Dress Fashion Show to benefit the American Heart Association at the Setai Hotel in South Beach as part of Funkshion Fashion Week. He also booked her to co-host SFL Live with Kristin Anderson. Roman no longer represents Joseph and has placed her with MEGA Models Miami. She has modelled for Sofi Swimwear. She has also taken part in several Miami Fashion Weeks.
- "America's Next Top Model: Anchal Plays the Blame Game - Today's News: Our Take". TVGuide.com. 2006-11-15. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "The Luna Show #125 Anchal Joseph of America's Next Top Model". YouTube. 2010-02-24. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "𝔸𝕟𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕝 on Instagram: "I'm singing like a canary🐥! See what I did there? 😁😝 Excited to FINALLY announce that I'll be on @dealornodealcnbc with @howiemandel! 🤗 Go…"". anchaljoseph on Instagram. July 24, 2018. Retrieved July 24, 2018.
-  Archived February 15, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "Anchal Joseph - Fashion Model - Profile on FMD". Fashionmodeldirectory.com. 1987-01-03. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Published 01.21.11 Print (2011-01-21). "ONLY ON TOOFAB! How Jim Carrey Met His 'Top Model' Date!". tooFab.com. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Byrne, Alla (2011-01-21). "Anchal Joseph and Jim Carrey New Couple?". People.com. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "PIC: Jim Carrey, 49, Steps Out With New Model Girlfriend, 24". UsMagazine.com. 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Vary, Adam B. "'Top Model' alum Anchal still in the running to become Jim Carrey's next girlfriend. | PopWatch | EW.com". Popwatch.ew.com. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Zakarin, Jordan (2011-01-21). "Jim Carrey, Anchal Joseph Dating?". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2012-11-27.