University of Upper AlsaceWikipedia Open wikipedia design.
Université de Haute-Alsace
La Fonderie Campus of Université de Haute-Alsace
|Students||8353 (in 2017)|
|Location||Mulhouse and Colmar, Alsace, France|
University of Upper Alsace (French: Université de Haute-Alsace, UHA) is a multidisciplinary teaching and research centre based in the two cities of Mulhouse and Colmar, France. Research and teaching at UHA concentrates mainly on science, technology, economics, management, arts and humainities. In 2017, UHA has more than 8000 students with about a hundred courses offered. The founding of UHA was driven by social and business players, among them was Jean-Baptiste Donnet.
The special geographical situation of UHA, which lies close to the Swiss and German borders, is favourable to the emergence of single courses leading to double or triple degrees that are recognized in the neighbouring countries. Together with Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg, University of Basel, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, as well as Strasbourg University, the university of Upper Alsace is a member of the EUCOR, which is a trinational cross-border alliance of five universities on the Upper Rhine in the border region between Germany, France and Switzerland.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2017)
The university consists of  four faculties:
- FLSH - Faculte des Lettres, Langues et Sciences Humaines
- FSESJ - Faculte des Sciences Economiques, Sociales et Juridiques
- FST - Faculte des Sciences et Techniques
- PEPS - Pluridisciplinaire d'Enseignement Professionnalisé Supérieur
two institutes of technology:
- IUT DE COLMAR - Institut Universitaire de Technologie de Colmar
- IUT DE MULHOUSE - Institut Universitaire de Technologie de Mulhouse
and two schools of engineering:
- ENSCMu - Ecole Nationale Superieure de Chimie de Mulhouse
- ENSISA - Ecole Nationale Superieure d'Ingénieurs Sud Alsace (Fusion in 2006 between ENSITM and ESSAIM)
|This article about a building or structure in the French department of Haut-Rhin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a French university, college, or other educational institution is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|