TopologiLinuxWikipedia Open wikipedia design.
TopologiLinux Installation under Windows Vista
|Initial release||25 August 2002|
|Last release|| |
7.0.1 / 10 January 2009
|Operating system||Windows 2000, XP, Vista|
|License||GNU General Public License v2.0|
TopologiLinux is a free Linux distribution to be run on an existing Microsoft Windows system. The main feature of TopologiLinux is that it does not require any partitioning. It is based on Slackware and Cooperative Linux (coLinux). TopologiLinux has been chosen as one of nine open-source projects used as principal examples in a study of the characteristics of open-source software (Gacek and Budi 2004).
TopologiLinux creates one hard disk image and other related files in a directory "/tlinux*" (where * represents the version number of TopologiLinux) on a chosen drive using Windows. TopologiLinux cannot be set up through DOS. The user may boot the system through coLinux on Windows or directly on the computer by booting with the TopologiLinux disc.
Usage on Windows
TopologiLinux uses coLinux to run on Windows; because of the cooperative design of coLinux, it is possible to work on Windows and Linux side by side.
- Wubi (installer)
- andLinux, a Ubuntu-based coLinux distribution
- Comparison of platform virtualization software
- Gacek, Cristina; Arief, Budi. The many meanings of open source. IEEE Software. 2004 Jan/Feb;21(1):34-40.
- Sharma, Rakesh. Running Linux over Windows without virtualization: TopologiLinux allows you to integrate Linux and Windows on the same system without creating separate partitioning on your hard disk. PCQuest [serial on the Internet]. 7 May 2008 [cited 2008 Aug 27]. Available from: https://web.archive.org/web/20080828000009/http://pcquest.ciol.com/content/handson/2008/108050701.asp.
- TopologiLinux Main Website
- TopologiLinux on SourceForge.net
- TopologiLinux page on DistroWatch
- Portable Ubuntu Remix for Windows on SourceForge.net, another Ubuntu-based coLinux distribution
|This Linux-distribution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|