Tim Collins (financier)Wikipedia open wikipedia design.
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Timothy C. Collins, born 1956, is the founder, senior managing director, and chief executive officer of Ripplewood Holdings LLC. He is also a member of the board of directors of Citigroup. Collins is a director of several public companies as well as some of Ripplewood’s private portfolio companies.
History and education
He began his career in finance, marketing, and manufacturing at Cummins Engine Company. From 1981 to 1984, he worked with the management consulting firm of Booz & Company, specializing in strategic and operational assignments with major industrial and financial firms. He became a vice president at Lazard Frères in New York, then managed Onex Corporation’s New York office. He also served on in many of company boards including Asbury Automotive, Shinsei Bank, Advanced Auto, Rental Services Corp.
He is involved in several not-for-profit and public sector activities, including the U.S.-Japan Business Council, the Trilateral Commission, the U.S.-Japan Private Sector/Government Commission, Yale Divinity School advisory board, American Friends of the British Museum, Yaddo, the United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia, Trout Unlimited, and Lenox Hill Neighborhood House and the Tony Blair Faith Foundation. In 2012 he has been appointed chairman of the Yale School of Management Board of Advisors.
Collins is married and has three sons.
- "Ripplewood Holdings L.L.C. Company Profile". Yahoo Finance. 2012. Retrieved 29 Nov 2012.
- "Citigroup Board Names Three New Outside Directors and Announces Other Governance Actions". Citigroup. 24 July 2009. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Tim Collins '78 Named to Citi's Board of Directors - DePauw University". DePauw University. Retrieved 2016-05-16.
- Five Distinguished Individuals Awarded Honorary Degrees DePauw University May 22, 2005
- "Timothy Collins - Harvard - Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs". belfercenter.ksg.harvard.edu. Retrieved 2016-05-16.
- Yale Univwersity School of Management: News - Timothy Collins Named Chairman of Yale School of Management Advisory Board (Accessed April 2012)
- "Timothy Collins Named Chairman of Yale School of Management Advisory Board". Yale School of Management. 2012-01-25. Retrieved 2016-05-16.
- "Stars of Asia: 25 leaders at the forefront of change". BusinessWeek. July 12, 2004. Retrieved 3 September 2010.
- Resume: Tim Collins BusinessWeek Online, DECEMBER 10, 2001
|This article about an American private equity or venture capital investor or related individual is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|