The Mafia DollsWikipedia open wikipedia design.
|The Mafia Dolls|
|Based on||Las fantásticas|
by Andrés López and Juan Camilo Ferrand
|Directed by||Luis Alberto Restrepo|
|Creative director(s)||Guarnizo Lizarralde|
|Opening theme||"Dame tu amor" by Lisaumet and Rap Topo|
|Country of origin||Colombia|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||118|
|Executive producer(s)||Cristina Palacio Pombo|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||28 September 2009 –|
15 March 2019
The Mafia Dolls (Spanish: Las muñecas de la mafia), is a Colombian telenovela created by Andrés López and Juan Camilo Ferrand and that premiered on Caracol Televisión on 28 September 2009, based on the book Las fantásticas written by the same creators of the series.
|First released||Last released||Network|
|1||58||28 September 2009||8 March 2010||Caracol Televisión|
|2||60||15 March 2019||Netflix|
The story deals with the lives of five young friends, Brenda, Olivia, Violeta, Renata and Pamela, who live in the fictional Colombian town of "El Carmen." Throughout the series, they become further and further embroiled in inextricable situations because of their involvement with drug king-pin, Braulio Bermudez, his family and his lieutenants. Bermudez, played by the veteran Colombian actor, Fernando Solórzano, is a "capo" operating out of "El Carmen."
The five young women all come to sad endings at the end of the story.
Pamela immigrates to the United States of America to try to get away from trouble and be near her father, who was a pilot and ended up in prison because he was captured by the DEA taking flying cocaine to the United States. She ends up as a maid but tells Brenda she is happy and having a great life.
Olivia ends up in jail for having a fake wedding with the notorious Braulio Bermudez, and acquiring some of his property.
Violeta dies when, after Braulio's local cartel breaks into opposing factions, they meet for a final show-down in the ongoing war between them.
Renata also dies because, to repay money she owed him, Erick, a former henchman of Braulio, forces her to carry drugs to the United States in her stomach. None of her loved ones ever find out about her death because she has no identification on her person.
Brenda ends up carrying Braulio's child, but he is captured, extradited and sent to a US prison, so that she never sees him again.
This is a very exciting story to see and it shows how the easy life is never a good choice; it might be nice and easy at the beginning but one day everything ends.
- Amparo Grisales as Lucrecia Rivas
- Fernando Solórzano as Braulio Bermúdez
- Angélica Blandón as Brenda Navarrete (season 1)
- Katherine Escobar as Olivia Rengifo
- Yuly Ferreira as Renata Gómez
- Alejandra Sandoval as Violeta Manrique
- Andrea Gómez as Pamela Rojas
- Andrea Guzmán as Noelia de Zarama
- Diego Vásquez as Norman Alberto Zarama
- Julián Román as Erick González (season 1)
- Juan Pablo Franco as Leonel Giraldo
- Lincoln Palomeque as Giovanni Rosales (season 1)
- Orlando Valenzuela as Gregorio Manrique
- Mauricio Vélez as Asdrúbal López
- Félix Antequera as Nicanor Pedraza
- Julián Arango as Claudio Pedraza (season 1)
- Carla Giraldo as Janeth (season 2)
- Paola Rey as Brenda Navarrete (season 2)
- Paula Barreto as Martha (season 2; recurring season 1)
- Juan Carlos Messier (season 2)
- Edwin Maya (season 2)
- Jimmy Vásquez (season 2)
- Gary Forero (season 2)
- Camilo Sáenz (season 2)
- Rodolfo Silva (season 2)
- Roger Moreno (season 2)
- Felipe Bernadette (season 2)
- Fernando Arango (season 2)
- Vicky Hernández as Flor de Navarrete (season 2; recurring season 1)
- Julián Caicedo as Uña (season 1)
- Jairo Ordóñez as Mugre (season 1)
- Alejandro López as Alejo (season 1)
- Andrés Sandoval as Nicolás (season 1)
- Hofman, Rocío. "Diego Guarnizo, el director de arte de la televisión colombian". revistadiners.com.co (in Spanish). Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "Amparo Grisales será única protagonista en nueva temporada de 'Las muñecas de la mafia 2'". pulzo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "Segunda temporada de 'Las muñecas de la mafia' será con Amparo Grisales". entretengo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- ""Las muñecas de la mafia" 2: fecha de estreno por Netflix y en Colombia, tráiler, historia, actrices, personajes y todo". elcomercio.pe (in Spanish). Retrieved 12 September 2019.