Template talk:Junior HockeyWikipedia open wikipedia design.
|WikiProject Ice Hockey||(Rated NA-class)|
USAHockey eliminated the letters regarding the different levels. The levels will be known as Tier I, II, and III.
- User:Sportslogo, do you have a press release of some sort to back this up? I cannot find one. As far as I can tell, Tier III is still broken up into Junior A, B, and C. DMighton (talk) 22:27, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
Press Release? This was approved at the annual meetings in Orlando. Junior C is gone, no Junior C league exist.  This was the last hurrah for the Buffalo Stars C squad as USA Hockey has opted to eliminate the Junior C level beginning next season. This Buffalo Stars team showed some real spirit this season. After dwelling in the cellar for the first 3 months of the season, Buffalo came on strong around Christmas and went on a tear, losing only a single game the rest of the regular season. Buffalo managed to move into third place and of course secure their playoff position.  —Preceding unsigned comment added by Sportslogo (talk • contribs) 17:16, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
- Alright... I'm not sure how the first link applies to this... it seems to have to do with limiting import players... but the second link does say that Tier III-Junior C has been eliminated... not T3 Jr. A or B... so... we should merge Jr. B & C I imagine... DMighton (talk) 19:16, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
The letters do not exist, they're gone. The first link was example that the letters are gone. "So you have a Tier III hockey club, and the Junior Council just tells you that all 153 teams are at the same level of play. The letters are all gone."Sportslogo (talk) 19:47, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
- If you look at the CHA's website... they are still calling it Junior B... let's not be so hasty about this... wait for more conclusive info... ultimately... it is doubtful that the Atlantic League champion is playing for the same national championship as the winner of the Empire or Great Lakes League... let's, wait and see... in the end we will know. For now they should be divided though. DMighton (talk) 19:56, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
- Here's another Jr. B reference. http://www.sejhl.net/news2.php?news_id=238438&lang= DMighton (talk) 19:57, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
- That is interesting... don't know why they would even think of doing that... but I haven't seen it on a single league, team, or USA Hockey-sanctioned page... until it is official, I suggest we wait. DMighton (talk) 19:39, 30 May 2010 (UTC)
- I think there is an AGM for Jr. hockey in about two weeks... if it happens... we'll probably know then. DMighton (talk) 19:40, 30 May 2010 (UTC)