|WARNING: ACTIVE COMMUNITY SANCTIONS|
The article Template:Campaignbox early insurgency phase of the Syrian Civil War, along with other pages relating to the Syrian Civil War and ISIL, is currently subject to discretionary sanctions authorised by the community. The current restrictions are:
- Limit of one revert in 24 hours: This article is under WP:1RR (one revert per editor per article per 24-hour period)
Provided the awareness criteria are met, discretionary sanctions may be used against editors who repeatedly or seriously fail to adhere to the purpose of Wikipedia, any expected standards of behaviour, or any normal editorial process.
Remedy instructions and exemptions
- Violations of any restrictions (excluding 1RR/reverting violations) and other conduct issues should be reported to the administrators' incidents noticeboard. Violations of revert restrictions should be reported to the administrators' edit warring noticeboard.
- Editors who violate any listed restrictions may be blocked by any uninvolved administrator, even on a first offense.
- An editor must be aware before they can be sanctioned.
With respect to any reverting restrictions:
- Edits made solely to enforce any clearly established consensus are exempt from all edit-warring restrictions. In order to be considered "clearly established" the consensus must be proven by prior talk-page discussion.
- Edits made which remove or otherwise change any material placed by clearly established consensus, without first obtaining consensus to do so, may be treated in the same manner as clear vandalism.
- Clear vandalism of any origin may be reverted without restriction.
- Reverts of edits made by anonymous (IP) editors that are not vandalism are exempt from the 1RR but are subject to the usual rules on edit warring. If you are in doubt, contact an administrator for assistance.
If you are unsure if your edit is appropriate, discuss it here on this talk page first. Remember: When in doubt, don't revert!