Tell Abyad DistrictWikipedia open wikipedia design.
Tell Abyad District
منطقة تل أبيض
Location of Tell Abyad District within Raqqa Governorate
|Coordinates (Tell Abyad):|
|• Total||4,834.02 km2 (1,866.43 sq mi)|
Tell Abyad District (Arabic: منطقة تل أبيض, romanized: Manṭiqat Tall Abyaḍ; Kurdish: Devera Girê Spî) is a district of the Raqqa Governorate in northern Syria. Administrative centre is the city of Tell Abyad.
At the 2004 census, the district had a population of 129,714. The majority of inhabitants are Sunni Arabs, with considerable Sunni Kurdish and Sunni Turkmen minorities.The western part of the district is mainly inhabited by Kurds, the Turkmens are mainly concentrated south west of Suluk and the town itself and the rest of the district is almost all Arabs.
- Tell Abyad Subdistrict (ناحية تل أبيض): population 44,671.
- Suluk Subdistrict (ناحية سلوك): population 44,131
- Ayn Issa Subdistrict (ناحية عين عيسى): population 40,912.
- "General Census of Population and Housing 2004" (PDF) (in Arabic). Syrian Central Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 15 October 2015. Also available in English: "2004 Census Data". UN OCHA. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- "Arab Tribes Split Between Kurds And Jihadists". Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. 2015. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "Kurds eye new corridor to Mediterranean". Al-Monitor.
- "US Expresses Concerns About PYD Human Rights". BasNews. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "Pre civil war ethno-religious map of Ar Raqqah goverornate - uMap". umap.openstreetmap.fr. Retrieved 2017-06-14.
- "Tal Abyad nahiyah population". Cbssyr.org. Archived from the original on 2012-07-28. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Suluk nahiyah population". Cbssyr.org. Archived from the original on 2012-07-28. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Ayn Issa nahiyah population". Cbssyr.org. Archived from the original on 2012-07-28. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
|This article about a location in Raqqa Governorate, Syria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|