Supreme Council of the Syrian Revolution
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Purpose||Opposition to President Bashar al-Assad|
Supreme Council of the Syrian Revolution (SCSR) (Arabic: المجلس الأعلى للثورة السورية) is a Syrian opposition group supporting the overthrow of the Bashar al-Assad government in Syria during the Syrian civil war. It grants local opposition groups representation in its national organisation.
One of three national opposition groups — the other two being the Local Coordination Committees (LCCs) and Syrian Revolution General Commission (SRGC) — the SCSR has been described as catering to young protesters and being different from the other two groups in its political position. It sets "outlines for a political solution while also recognising the importance of armed struggle". Unlike the SRGC it has sent representatives to Syrian National Council (SNC) exile group meetings, and unlike the LCCs it is not formally a member of the Syrian National Council.
- Civil uprising phase of the Syrian Civil War
- Syrian National Council
- Syrian Revolution Network
- Syrian Revolution Coordinators Union
- Syrian Revolution General Commission
- "Syrian Coalition Leadership Meets with Supreme Council of the Syrian Revolution". Syrian National Coalition Of Syrian Revolution and Opposition Forces. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- Bagy (2012-06-29). "Disorganized Like a Fox". Foreign Policy. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- Ceccarelli, Irene (2019-01-30). "Syrian Civil Society. Cyber capabilities at times of war". Mediterranean Affairs. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
|This Syrian opposition-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|