From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017)
Sisport is a women's basketball team during the 1970s and 1980s in Turin, Italy.
Gruppo Sportivo FIAT (G.S. FIAT) was founded in 1922 by employees of the eponymous automobile manufacturer the city of Turin is still associated with. Since 1978, it has first known as Sisport Fiat and then simply as Sisport. With the advent of professionalism in various sports, the club now largely caters to amateur and youth sports.
- Football (youth only)
|Gruppo Sportivo FIAT|
|Championships||1 Euroleague Women|
FIAT has won Euroleague Women in the 1979–80 season and two Italian Championships.
- 1 Euroleague Women (1980)
- 5 Italian Championships - Lega Basket Femminile (1962, 1963, 1964, 1979, 1980)
Notable former athletes include racewalker champion Ileana Salvador, Mediterranean Games gold medalist Marisa Masullo, and the four Olympic gold medalists Pietro Mennea, Sara Simeoni, Maurizio Damilano and Gabriella Dorio (in that period under the administration of Giampiero Boniperti and the sponsorship of Fiat Iveco).
- 1 European Champion Clubs Cup (1993)
- Medaglia d'Onore al merito sportivo (Medal of Honor for Sporting Merit): 1963, 2009
- Alessio Boggiatto, World Aquatics Championships gold medalist
- Chiara Boggiatto, swimmer and Mediterranean Games gold medalist
- Lorenzo Calafiore, wrestler and Mediterranean Games gold medalist
- Claudio Marchisio, footballer for Juventus F.C. and Italy national football team (played some of his youth football at Sisport)
- "Chi siamo (Who we are)". sisportfiat.it (in Italian).
- "Da C.S. Fiat a Spa". La Stampa (in Italian): 11. December 30, 1977.
- "About FIBA Europe - History - EuroLeague Women | FIBA Europe".
- "Varie: consegnato il premio Aruga a Giampiero Boniperti" (in Italian). Federazione Italiana d'Atletica Leggera. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
[...] Inoltre per aver guidato alla conquista del titolo olimpico ben quattro atleti Sisport: Sara Simeoni, Maurizio Damilano, Pietro Mennea e Gabriella Dorio.
- Massimiliano Nerozzi (December 6, 2011). "Marchisio, un fuoriclasse un normale". lastampa.it (in Italian).