From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Country of origin||Brazil|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Running time||36–47 minutes|
|Picture format||4K (Ultra HD)|
|Original release||August 9, 2019 –|
Narrated from the perspectives of the three characters Doni, Nando, and Rita who grew up together, the series follows the interconnectedness of music, drug trafficking and religion in a peripheral neighborhood of São Paulo.
Cast and characters
- Jottapê as Doni
- Christian Malheiros as Nando
- Bruna Mascarenhas as Rita
Season 1 (2019)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||1||"They Caught Cacau"||KondZilla||Guilherme Quintella & Duda de Almeida||August 9, 2019|
|2||2||"I Did a Bad Thing"||Johnny Araújo||Duda de Almeida||August 9, 2019|
|3||3||"Second Chance"||Johnny Araújo||Thays Berbe & Guilherme Quintella||August 9, 2019|
|4||4||"Do the Right Thing"||Johnny Araújo||Duda de Almeida, Guilherme Quintella & Thays Berbe||August 9, 2019|
|5||5||"Make Your Mark"||KondZilla & Johnny Araújo||Guilherme Quintella & Thays Berbe||August 9, 2019|
|6||6||"Moving to the Same Beat"||KondZilla||Guilherme Quintella & Duda de Almeida||August 9, 2019|
Conception and development
The producer company Losbragas, who had already produced the comedy series Samantha! for Netflix, learned of Kondzilla's idea of making a short film about three young teenagers from the favela who wanted to buy expensive sneakers. After negotiations, the idea of the short film turned to a project of a series and the characters gained different goals and a more complex storyline.
For the first time in an original production, Netflix released the first episode of Sintonia on YouTube as a promotion for the series. The episode became available from August 9, until August 11, 2019, at KondZilla's YouTube channel.
The music for the series was composed by Tropkillaz's electronic music duo of DJs Zegon and Lauds. The series also features original songs for the character MC Doni (performed by Jottapê) and produced by MC EZ. The soundtrack album was released to music streaming services such as Spotify, on August 17, 2019.
- Season 1 songs
- Funk da Netflix
- Te Amo Sem Compromisso
- Passei de Nave
- Não Vai Ser Fácil (Taxado de Boy)
- Tira Meu Nome da Boca
- "Netflix, KondZilla, Losbragas Team for 'Sintonia'". Variety. March 12, 2018.
- "Sintonia | Netflix Official Site". www.netflix.com. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- White, Peter (July 11, 2019). "Netflix To Launch Brazilian Coming-Of-Age Drama 'Sintonia' From YouTube Star In August – Trailer". Deadline.
- "Netflix anuncia 'Sintonia', produção brasileira em parceria com KondZilla". Estadão (in Portuguese). March 12, 2018.
- Brêda, Lucas (July 30, 2019). "Kondzilla desbrava Netflix e estreia série com funk, fé em Cristo e vida bandida". Folha de S.Paulo (in Portuguese).
- "Sintonia Teaser Netflix". YouTube. June 17, 2019.
- "Sintonia Trailer Netflix". YouTube. July 11, 2019.
- "Com direito a tapete vermelho, KondZilla e elenco de "Sintonia" celebram pré-estreia em São Paulo". PoltronaVip (in Portuguese). August 1, 2019.
- "Netflix libera primeiro episódio de "Sintonia" no YouTube". Correio do Povo (in Portuguese). August 10, 2019.
- "'Te amo sem compromisso' é a 'Shallow' do funk? Hit fictício em 'Sintonia' é candidata a sucesso real". G1 (in Portuguese). August 19, 2019.
- "Ouça a trilha sonora de "Sintonia", nova série brasileira da Netflix". Pop Cultura (in Portuguese). August 17, 2019.
- Keller, Joel (August 9, 2019). "Stream It Or Skip It: 'Sintonia' On Netflix, Where Three Friends From São Paulo's Favelas Rely On Each Other And Listen To Lots Of Funk". Decider. Retrieved August 12, 2019.