From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Chairman of the Peoples' Democratic Party|
11 February 2018 – 23 February 2020
Serving with Pervin Buldan
|Preceded by||Selahattin Demirtaş|
|Succeeded by||Mithat Sancar|
|Member of the Grand National Assembly|
|Assumed office |
8 July 2018
24 June 2015 – 1 November 2015
|Constituency||İstanbul (II) (June 2015)|
|Born||1963 (age 57–58)|
|Political party||Peoples' Democratic Party|
|Alma mater||Istanbul University|
Early life and career
Temelli was born in İstanbul and graduated from the branch of finance at the Istanbul University Faculty of Economics. He later completed his PhD there. He later became a lecturer in political science and public policy, specialising in finance.
Temelli is a founding member of the Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP). Before becoming its chairman, he served as the party's vice chairman responsible for economic policy. During the HDP 3rd ordinary congress held on 11 February 2018, he was elected chairman of the HDP alongside Pervin Buldan, who was elected chairwoman. Both candidates were elected unopposed. In February 2020, he was succeeded by Mithat Sancar.
Temelli was elected as a HDP Member of Parliament for İstanbul's second electoral district in the June 2015 general election. He lost his seat in the snap November 2015 general election. In the general elections in June 2018 he was elected again elected to the parliament.
- "HDP'nin eş başkan adayları Pervin Buldan ve Sezai Temelli". evrensel.net. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "HDP Eş Genel Başkan Adayları Pervin Buldan ve Sezai Temelli". bianet. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Sezai Temelli Kimdir, Aslen Nereli Kaç Yaşındadır". bolgegundem.com. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Pervin Buldan, Mithat Sancar Elected New HDP Co-Chairs". Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- Şafak, Yeni (2020-01-04). "Van Seçim Sonuçları - Genel Seçim 2018 Van Sonucu". Yeni Şafak (in Turkish). Retrieved 2020-04-01.