Ronald F. LevantWikipedia open wikipedia design.
Ronald F. Levant is a psychologist and a former president of the American Psychological Association (APA). After earning an undergraduate degree at the University of California, Berkeley, Levant completed a Doctor of Education (EdD) at Harvard University. He also holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Boston University.
Much of Levant's work has focused on men and fatherhood. At Boston University in the 1980s, Levant taught eight-week parenting courses for fathers. He authored the parenting guide Between Father and Child in the 1980s. He is the editor of the journal Psychology of Men and Masculinity.
Levant is a psychology professor at the University of Akron. He has also held faculty appointments at Boston University, Rutgers University and Nova Southeastern University. He was the APA president in 2005. He is also a former president of the Massachusetts Psychological Association. He was awarded the APA Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Applied Research in 2011.
- Between Father and Child: How To Become the Kind of Father You Want To Be, Penguin Books, 1991 (with John Kelly). ISBN 978-0-14-015261-6.
- Family Therapy: A Comprehensive Overview, Prentice-Hall, 1987. ISBN 978-0-13-302885-0
- Men and Sex: New Psychological Perspectives, J. Wiley, 1997 (editor, with Gary R. Brooks). ISBN 978-0-47-116903-1.
- The Psychology of Men and Masculinities, American Psychological Association, 2017 (with Y. Joel Wong). ISBN 978-1-43-382690-0.
- "Ronald F. Levant, Ed.D." University of Akron. Retrieved November 1, 2014.
- Mitgang, Lee (June 18, 1983). "Men study to be better dads". The Dispatch (Lexington). Retrieved November 1, 2014.
- Vogt, Jenny (June 18, 1989). "Fathers Over 50 Club informs those who waited to start families". Ocala Star-Banner. Retrieved November 1, 2014.
- "Ronald Levant: 2005 APA President". American Psychological Association. Retrieved November 1, 2014.
- Greene, Robin (June 18, 1990). "Dads face role shift as nation tips its hat". The Daily Gazette. Retrieved November 1, 2014.
- "Ronald F. Levant: Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Applied Research". American Psychologist. 66 (8): 763–765. 2011. doi:10.1037/a0024624. PMID 22082408.