From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Born||1956/1957 (age 63–64)|
|Alma mater||Loyola College, Chennai|
University of Madras
|Net worth||US$2.2 billion (October 2019)|
Kavitark Ram Shriram (born 1956/57) is an Indian-American billionaire businessman. He is a founding board member and one of the first investors in Google. He was earlier employed by Amazon.com, working for Jeff Bezos. Shriram came to Amazon.com in August 1998, when the company acquired Junglee, an online comparison shopping firm of which Shriram was president. Before Junglee and Amazon, Shriram was a member of the Netscape executive team, joining them in 1994, before they shipped products or posted revenue. According to Forbes, as of September 2020, his net worth was $2.3 billion.
He is a founding board member of Google and 7 (24/7 Customer). Shriram is an investor in a global mobile ad network, InMobi, Ssearch bid management tool Campanja and previously mKhoj. Shriram is on the board of directors of Google, Paperless Post, Yubico and Zazzle. He at one time owned 3.4 million shares of Google, and as of September 2007, owned 1.7 million.
Shriram is married and has 2 daughters.
- "Forbes profile: Kavitark Ram Shriram". Forbes. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "Future of Internet is bright in India". NDTV. Archived from the original on 14 May 2008. Retrieved 4 June 2008.
- "2 Indians in Forbes' richest Americans list". rediff. Retrieved 4 June 2008.
- www.forbes.com https://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/. Retrieved 28 September 2020. Missing or empty
- "ALPHABET INC. - DEF 14 A". www.sec.gov.
- "Ram Shriram or Kavitark Ram Shriram". Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- "Welcome | Sherpalo Ventures". www.sherpalo.com.