Prince Joachim of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-EsteWikipedia open wikipedia design.
|Prince Joachim of Belgium|
|Archduke of Austria-Este (more)|
|Born||9 December 1991|
St-Luc Unitversity Hospital, Woluwe-St-Lambert, Belgium
|Father||Archduke Lorenz of Austria-Este|
|Mother||Princess Astrid of Belgium|
Prince Joachim of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este (Joachim Karl-Maria Nikolaus Isabelle Marcus d'Aviano; born 9 December 1991), is the younger son and third child of Lorenz, Archduke of Austria-Este and Princess Astrid of Belgium.
Prince Joachim was born on 9 December 1991 at the Saint -Luc University Hospital in Woluwe-St-Lambert, Belgium, and he is currently ninth in line to the Belgian throne. He is the first female-line member of the Belgian Royal Family to be born a Prince of Belgium, with succession rights to the throne. His older brother and sister were created Prince and Princess of Belgium in December 1991, several years after their birth.
All of his grandparents and great-grandparents are royal or noble; he descends from the Austrian, Belgian, Italian, French, Swedish, Danish, British, Portuguese, Spanish and German royal or imperial families.
He enlisted in a voluntary army training course at the Centre for Basic Training in Arlon, Belgium, on 16 November 2010. On 29 July 2011, he also finished his education at the Nautical School in Brugge to become an officer in the Belgian Navy.
Titles and styles
- 9 December 1991 – 7 February 1996: His Imperial and Royal Highness Prince Joachim of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este
- 7 February 1996 — present: His Imperial and Royal Highness Prince Joachim of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, Prince of Modena
Like all the children of Princess Astrid since the Belgian law of 2 December 1991, he bears the title of "Prince of Belgium" and, by agnatic tradition, that of Archduke of Austria-Este. Internationally, Joachim's abbreviated style is HI&RH Prince Joachim of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este.
- 29 July 2011 – 26 Dec. 2011:
- 26 December 2011 – ... ( with Oath ceremony 5 March 2012):
|July 2011||December 2011|
|First Master Chief||Ensign 2nd Class|
- Prins Joachim begonnen aan militaire opleiding in Aarlen – website Het Laatste Nieuws
- Leerlingen nautische school behalen STCW-brevet – website Belgian Navy.
- Bocconi University,International Economics, Management and Finance
- Place Royale, 17/09/2011, report on his formation in the Navy, "Bocconi information" being given at the end of the report.
- Enache, Nicolas. La Descendance de Marie-Therese de Habsburg. ICC, Paris, 1996. pp. 44,50. French
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Furstlicher Hauser Bande XIV, C.A. Starke Verlag, Ligne, Limburg, 1991, pp. 92–95. German
- Montgomery-Massingberd, Hugh (editor). Burke's Guide to the Royal Family, Burke's Peerage, London, 1973, p. 240. ISBN 0-220-66222-3
- Noblesse et Royautés (French), Prince Joachim receives his Navy brevet Archived 21 September 2013 at the Wayback Machine after his formation in Brugge, 29 July 2011
- Belgian monarchy official website Announce of the oath ceremony for 5th March 2012 Archived 5 June 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- Noblesse et Royautés, Article (in French) Archived 18 July 2012 at the Wayback Machine, Officier Oath in Zeebrugge on 5 March 2012
- Belgian TV, Video (in French) Archived 7 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine of the Oath Ceremony. At the end of the report, the sleeve insignia of Ensign is clearly visible
- Royal Decree n° 8692 of 19 December 2011, "Moniteur Belge" of 1 mars 2012 (see p. 158 of .pdf file) : Rank effective on 26 December 2011
Prince Joachim of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este
Cadet branch of the House of Habsburg-LorraineBorn: 9 December 1991
|Lines of succession|
|Preceded by |
Archduchess Maria Laura
| Line of succession to the Belgian throne |
Archduchess Luisa Maria
|Preceded by |
Archduke Maximilian of Austria-Este
| Line of succession to the defunct Austro-Hungarian throne |
| Line of succession to the Modenese throne|