From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Full name||Pierre Kalulu Kyatengwa|
|Date of birth||5 June 2000|
|Place of birth||Lyon, France|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
| * Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:20, 10 April 2021 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 13 December 2020
Kalulu moved from his youth club AS De Saint-Priest to the youth academy of Olympique Lyon in the summer of 2010. In Lyon, he passed through the different youth departments from 2010 to 2018 and was elevated to the 2nd team of Olympique Lyon in June 2018. For the home game against Amiens SC on March 5, 2020, Kalulu was called up for the 1st team of Olympique Lyon, but did not play in the match.
In the summer of 2020, Kalulu moved to Italy to join A.C. Milan and signed a contract until 2025. On 10 December 2020, Kalulu made his professional debut, playing the entire Europa League game against Sparta Prague as a left-sided center back; as Milan won 1–0, Kalulu was praised for helping the team keep a clean sheet. Three days later, on 13 December 2020, Kalulu made his debut in Serie A, replacing injured Matteo Gabbia in the 5th minute of a home game against Parma. In the following away league game against Genoa played on 16 December 2020, Kalulu made his first ever start in Serie A and scored a debut goal in his senior career, equalizing the score in the eventual 2–2 draw.
In addition to his French citizenship, Kalulu also holds the citizenship of the Democratic Republic of Congo. Since June 2018, he has played through the various national junior teams of France, taking part in the 2019 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.
- As of match played 10 April 2021
- France profile at FFF
- "Player Biography: Pierre Kalulu". AC Milan. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- "France - P. Kalulu - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Soccerway". int.soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Paul, Sumeet (2020-06-14). "Who is Pierre Kalulu? Analysis of talented young ace set for Milan switch". Milan Talk. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- "Official Statement: Pierre Kalulu". AC Milan. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- "Sparta Praha-Milan | UEFA Europa League". UEFA.com.
- "Fixtures and Results | Season 2020-21 | 11ª Match Day | Lega Serie A". www.legaseriea.it.
- "Calendario e Risultati | Stagione 2020-21 | 12ª Giornata | Lega Serie A". www.legaseriea.it (in Italian). Retrieved 2020-12-16.
- "Kalulu Kyatengwa: le prodige congolais de l'OL débarque au Milan AC". Orange Football Club. Retrieved 2020-10-22.
- "Aldo Kalulu: Rwanda's first football superstar?". ESPN.com. 10 September 2016.
- "Pierre Kalulu".