October Faction (TV series)
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Created by||Damian Kindler|
The October Faction
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10 (list of episodes)|
|Production location(s)||Toronto, Canada|
|Running time||36–49 minutes|
|Picture format||4K (16:9 UHDTV in HDR)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||January 23, 2020|
October Faction is an American supernatural drama streaming television series created by Damian Kindler, based on the comic series of the same name by Steve Niles and Damien Worm. It premiered on Netflix on January 23, 2020. The series stars Tamara Taylor, J. C. MacKenzie, Aurora Burghart, Gabriel Darku, Wendy Crewson, Megan Follows and Stephen McHattie. In March 2020, the series was canceled after one season.
October Faction follows the story of a monster-hunting couple, Fred and Deloris Allen, and their twin teenage children, Geoff and Viv. Following the death of Fred's father Samuel, the family decides to go back to their home town Barrington-on-Hudson to arrange the funeral. Haunted with childhood memories of his brother's death and the incessant arguments with his parents over his inadequacy and his choice in women, Fred shows reluctance and appalment in being back home. The kids soon begin showing supernatural tendencies, as Viv has visions during a seance about a creature with long hair chained to the seafloor, struggling to free itself. And Geoff reveals a teacher's deepest, darkest secret about his wife in front of his classmates. Both off to a bad start at making friends, they get ridiculed by the popular cliques for being outsiders.
Fred and Deloris, members of a secret organisation tasked to protect humanity from monsters alike, named Presidio, must hide their identities from the townsfolk while upholding a normal life. It proves hard from the start as strange things begin to unfold in the sleepy little town.
- Tamara Taylor as Deloris Allen (nee Lang), a supernatural hunter who is part of a secret organization known as "Presidio"
- J. C. MacKenzie as Fred Allen, Deloris' husband and a fellow Presidio supernatural hunter who came from a family of Presidio supernatural hunters
- Aurora Burghart as Viv Allen, Deloris and Fred's teenage daughter
- Gabriel Darku as Geoff Allen, Deloris and Fred's openly gay teenage son and Viv's twin
- Maxim Roy as Alice Harlow, a warlock hunting the Allens
- Stephen McHattie as Samuel Allen, Fred's father who is presumed dead
- Wendy Crewson as Maggie Allen, Fred's mother and a retired Presidio archivist
- Megan Follows as Edith Mooreland, the head of Presidio
- Anwen O'Driscoll as Cathy MacDonald, Viv's potential friend
- Nicola Correia-Damude as Gina Fernandez, the local sheriff of Barrington-on-Hudson and Deloris' friend
- Sara Waisglass as Madison St. Claire, a bully to Viv and Cathy's former friend
- Praneet Akilla as Phillip Mishra, a closeted jock and a bully to Geoff
- Michelle Nolden as Hannah Mercer, a Presidio agent and Fred's mistress
- Dayo Ade as Moshe
- Robin Dunne as Woody Markham, a deputy sheriff of Barrington-on-Hudson
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||"Presidio"||Director X||Damian Kindler||January 23, 2020|
|2||"No Country for Old Vamps"||Director X||Mohamad El Masri||January 23, 2020|
|3||"The Horror Out of Time"||Damian Kindler||George Strayton||January 23, 2020|
|4||"Soirees of Future Past"||Damian Kindler||Keely MacDonald||January 23, 2020|
|5||"Truth and Consequences"||Megan Follows||Melissa Blake||January 23, 2020|
|6||"Open Your Eyes"||Megan Follows||Christina Walker||January 23, 2020|
|7||"Nadir"||Mina Shum||James Thorpe||January 23, 2020|
|8||"Alice"||Mina Shum||Keely MacDonald & Mohamad El Masri||January 23, 2020|
|9||"Bonds of Blood"||David Frazee||Melissa Blake & George Strayton||January 23, 2020|
|10||"The October Faction"||David Frazee||Damian Kindler & James Thorpe||January 23, 2020|
On September 28, 2018, it was announced that Netflix had given the production a series order for a first season consisting of ten episodes. Damian Kindler, Director X, Megan Follows, Mina Shum, and David Frazee are set to direct some episodes. The series was created by Damian Kindler who will also act as writer and executive producer. Additional executive producers are set to include James Thorpe, Steve Niles, Thomas Walden, Eric Birnberg, George Strayton and Melissa Blake. Production companies involved with the series include High Park Entertainment and IDW Entertainment. On March 30, 2020, Netflix cancelled the series after one season.
Sometime after the series order announcement, it was confirmed that Tamara Taylor, J.C. MacKenzie, Aurora Burghart, Gabriel Darku, Wendy Crewson, Megan Follows and Stephen McHattie would star in the series. In October 2018, Maxim Roy was cast in a recurring role.
On January 8, 2020, Netflix released the official trailer for the series.
- See What's Next [@seewhatsnext] (11 December 2019). "New Year, New TitlesFrom the final season of #AnneWithAnE to movies like Inception, A Cinderella Story, and The Bling Ring...Here's everything coming to Netflix US in January!" (Tweet). Retrieved 11 December 2019 – via Twitter.
- Sippell, Margeaux (March 30, 2020). "Netflix Cancels 'V-Wars' and 'October Faction' After 1 Season". The Wrap. Retrieved March 30, 2020.
- "The October Faction – Showatch". The Futon Critic. Retrieved December 20, 2019.
- "Netflix adds three new series to thrilling sci-fi drama slate including THE I-LAND, OCTOBER FACTION and WARRIOR NUN". Netflix Media Center. September 28, 2018. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (28 September 2018). "'The I-Land' Starring Kate Bosworth, Natalie Martinez & Alex Pettyfer Among 3 Sci-Fi Series Ordered By Netflix".
- Otterson, Joe (September 28, 2018). "Netflix Orders Three Sci-Fi Shows, Including Kate Bosworth Produced 'I-Land'". Variety. Retrieved July 13, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (12 October 2018). "'October Faction': Tamara Taylor & J.C. MacKenzie To Lead Cast Of Netflix Sci-Fi Series".
- Petski, Denise (16 October 2018). "'October Faction': Maxim Roy To Recur In Netflix Sci-Fi Series".
- Booth, Laura (September 13, 2018). "New Netflix series films in Cambridge". The Record. Retrieved July 13, 2019.
- Nolan, L.D. (January 8, 2020). "October Faction: Netflix's First Trailer Leans Into Horror (Excl)". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved January 8, 2020.
- "October Faction: Season 1 (2020)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved March 30, 2020.