November 2019 Syria bombings
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|November 2019 Syria bombings|
|Part of the 2019 Turkish offensive into north-eastern Syria|
Eastern Syria insurgency
and SDF insurgency in Northern Aleppo
|Location||Tell Abyad, Raqqa Governorate, Syria|
Qamishli, Al-Hasakah Governorate, Syria
Al-Bab, Aleppo Governorate, Syria
Ras al-Ayn, al-Hasakah Governorate, Syria
|Date||2–26 November 2019|
|Deaths||13 (2 November)|
8 (10 November)
6 (11 November)
19 (16 November)
10 (23 November)
17 (26 November)
|Injured||30+ (2 November)|
26 (10 November)
21 (11 November)
50 (16 November)
25 (23 November)
20 (26 November)
|Perpetrators||YPG and PKK (per Turkey), ISIL|
In November 2019, six car bombings occurred in northern Syria. The bombings mostly happened in Tell Abyad and one in Al-Bab. The ISIL claimed responsibility for one, and the other five were alleged by turkey to have been committed by the PKK.
On 2 November 2019, a car bombing in a busy street of Tell Abyad killed 13 and injured dozens more. The bombing occurred in the middle of a marketplace in the district center of Tell Abyad near the border with Turkey. The bombing killed and injured mostly civilians. Turkey said that the YPG and PKK conducted the bombings.
On 10 November 2019, a car bombing occurred near Tell Abyad, killing 8 people and wounded numerous others. Turkey once again stated that YPG and PKK were behind the attack. The attack happened outside of a bakery, targeting fighters but the blast killed only civilians.
On 11 November 2019, a triple car bombing occurred in Qamishli, killing 6 people and wounding 21. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attack which happened in a commercial district and near a hotel.
On 16 November 2019, a few car bombs detonated near a bus station and a taxi station in Al-Bab, killing at least 19 and injuring around 50 others. Turkey condemned the attack and said the PKK was behind the bombing.
On 23 November, another car bomb targeted Tell Abyad; it killed ten people and wounded over 25 others.
On 26 November, a car bomb went off in the Turkish-controlled area west of Ras al-Ayn, killing at least 17 people and injuring 20 others. The attack happened at a local village market. Turkey blamed the YPG and PKK for the attack.
- Casualty recording
- Syrian Network for Human Rights
- January 2017 Azaz bombing
- June 2019 Syria bombings
- "Over a dozen killed in car bomb attack near Turkey-Syria border". www.aljazeera.com. Archived from the original on 2019-11-03. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Turkey blames Kurdish militia after deadly bombing in Syrian town". Reuters. 2019-11-02. Archived from the original on 2019-11-02. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- Connelly, Eileen AJ (2019-11-03). "Car bomb kills 13 in Syrian border town, Turkey blames Kurds". New York Post. Archived from the original on 2019-11-03. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Deadly car bomb in Turkish-controlled border town". BBC News. 2019-11-02. Archived from the original on 2019-11-03. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Car bomb in Syrian border town kills 13". www.cbsnews.com. Archived from the original on 2019-11-03. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Eight dead in blast in Turkish-held Syrian town". www.aljazeera.com. Archived from the original on 2019-11-11. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- "Car bomb attack kills at least eight civilians in Syria's Tal Abyad". TRT News. 10 November 2019. Archived from the original on 12 November 2019.
- "Three blasts kill at least 6 in Syrian town near Turkey". www.aljazeera.com. Reuters. Archived from the original on 2019-11-25. Retrieved 2019-11-23.
- Paget, Sharif; Guerrero, Kay; Tuysuz, Gul; Khadder, Kareem. "Car bomb kills 15, injures 50 in northern Syria". CNN. Archived from the original on 2019-11-16. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "Deadly car bomb blasts rip through bus terminal in Syria's al-Bab". www.aljazeera.com. Archived from the original on 2019-11-16. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "At least 10 killed in car bomb in Syria near Turkish border". Sky News. Archived from the original on 2019-11-16. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "War monitor says 19 dead after car bombing in northern Syria". RTÉ News. 2019-11-16. Archived from the original on 2019-11-16. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "Car bomb kills at least 10 people near Syria's border with Turkey". Reuters. November 23, 2019. Retrieved November 27, 2019.
- "Turkish Defense Ministry says 17 killed in car bomb explosion in northeastern Syria". AP. 2019-11-26. Archived from the original on 2019-11-28. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- "Car bomb kills at least 17 people in northeastern Syria, Turkish ministry says". The Globe and Mail. 2019-11-26. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- "Turkey says car bomb kills several in Syria region it controls". Al Jazeera. Archived from the original on 2019-11-26. Retrieved 2019-11-26.