National Socialist German Students' LeagueWikipedia open wikipedia design.
Emblem of the NSDStB
|Type||School monitoring organization|
|Legal status||Defunct, illegal|
|National Socialist German Workers' Party|
|Part of a series on|
The National Socialist German Students' League (German: Nationalsozialistischer Deutscher Studentenbund, abbreviated NSDStB) was founded in 1926 as a division of the Nazi Party with the mission of integrating University-level education and academic life within the framework of the National Socialist worldview. Organized (as with other departments of the Nazi Party) strictly in accord with the Führerprinzip (or "leader principle") as well as the principle of Machtdistanz (or "power distance"), the NSDStB housed its members in so-called Kameradschaftshäusern (or "Fellowship Houses"), and (from 1930) had its members decked out in classic brown shirts and its own distinctive Swastika emblems.
After Germany's defeat in World War II, the Nazi Party along with its divisions and affiliated organisations were declared "criminal organizations" and banned by the Allied Control Council on October 10, 1945.
Bundes- and Reichsführer of the NSDStB, 1926–45
- 1926–28 Wilhelm Tempel
- 1928–32 Baldur von Schirach (from 1931 also Reichsjugendführer)
- 1932–33 Gerd Rühle(de)
- 1933–34 Oskar Stäbel(de)
- 1934–36 Albert Derichsweiler(de)
- 1936–45 Gustav Adolf Scheel (as Reichsstudentenführer Scheel was also Führer of the Deutschen Studentenschaft)
Other notable members
- Kurt Waldheim, later Secretary General of the United Nations, President of Austria
- Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei (NSDAP) 1933-1945
- Andreas Raith, Nationalsozialistischer Deutscher Studentenbund (NSDStB), 1926-1945, in: Bavarian history dictionary, 28 Feb 2011. Here: p.4
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to NS-Studentenbund.|
- Anselm Faust: Der Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Studentenbund. Studenten und Nationalsozialismus in der Weimarer Republik, 2. Bde. Schwann Düsseldorf 1973 ISBN 3-7895-0153-0 and ISBN 3-7895-0152-2
- Michael Grüttner: Studenten im Dritten Reich, Schöningh Paderborn 1995 ISBN 3-506-77492-1
|This article related to Nazi Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|