NXT UK TakeOver
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|NXT UK TakeOver|
The current logo for NXT UK TakeOver
|First event||NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool|
NXT UK TakeOver is a series of professional wrestling events produced by WWE featuring its NXT UK brand, which are streamed live on the WWE Network. NXT UK TakeOver events are held several times a year, and serve as the brand's counterpart to the main NXT brand's TakeOver shows (which themselves are considered the equivalent to WWE's main pay-per-view shows).
The first live WWE specials held in the United Kingdom were the United Kingdom Championship Tournament and United Kingdom Championship Special in 2017, and a second United Kingdom Championship Tournament in 2018. Soon after the premiere of NXT UK's television program in October 2018, the brand began hosting its own "TakeOver" events, starting with TakeOver: Blackpool in January 2019. The shows have since been held at various locations in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
UK TakeOver events
|1||Blackpool||January 12, 2019||Empress Ballroom||Blackpool, Lancashire, England||Pete Dunne (c) vs. Joe Coffey for the WWE United Kingdom Championship|||
|2||Cardiff||August 31, 2019||Motorpoint Arena Cardiff||Cardiff, Wales||Walter (c) vs. Tyler Bate for the WWE United Kingdom Championship|||
|3||Blackpool II||January 12, 2020||Empress Ballroom||Blackpool, Lancashire, England||Walter (c) vs. Joe Coffey for the WWE United Kingdom Championship|||
|4||Dublin||October 25, 2020||3Arena||Dublin, Ireland||TBD|||
- Rodger, James (January 11, 2019). "What time does NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool start? Full card, how to watch and the Midlands stars set to compete". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved August 27, 2019.
- "UPDATED: WWE UK Championship Special to air on WWE Network on Friday with legend Jim Ross on commentary". Daily Mirror. May 15, 2017. Retrieved May 20, 2016.
The 90-minute show, starring the company's top UK and 205 Live cruiserweight talent, will feature action from tapings in Norwich on May 6 and 7
- "WWE United Kingdom Championship Special premiere today". WWE. May 19, 2017. Retrieved May 20, 2016.
- Sean Rueter (April 7, 2018). "Triple H reveals WWE's UK Championship Tournament returns in June". Cageside Seats. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- Staff, WWE.com. "WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament at Royal Albert Hall". WWE.com. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- "Tickets for the WWE U.K. Championship Tournament at Royal Albert Hall are available now". WWE. April 13, 2018. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "NXT UK TakeOver". MotorpointArenaCardiff.co.uk. Archived from the original on June 8, 2019. Retrieved June 8, 2019.
- Powell, Jason. "1/12 Powell's NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool live review – Rhea Ripley vs. Tony Storm for the NXT UK Women's Championship, Pete Dunne vs. Joe Coffey for the WWE UK Championship, Trent Seven and Tyler Bate vs. Zack Gibson and James Drake to become the first NXT UK Tag Champions". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- Johnson, Mike (June 1, 2019). "NXT UK TAKEOVER ANNOUNCED, AEW STAR RINGSIDE AT TAKEOVER: XXV". PWInsider. Retrieved June 1, 2019.
- "NXT UK set to return to The Empress Ballroom for TakeOver: Blackpool II on Sunday, Jan. 12". WWE. November 17, 2019. Retrieved November 16, 2019.
- Toro, Carlos (February 16, 2020). "NXT UK TakeOver: Dublin Announced For April 26". Fightful. Retrieved February 16, 2020.