Murder Mountain (TV series)Wikipedia open wikipedia design.
|Directed by||Joshua Zeman|
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Original release||December 28, 2018|
Murder Mountain is an American true crime documentary television series that premiered on Netflix on December 28, 2018. The show covers an area of Northern California's Humboldt County, including the local marijuana industry, and multiple disappearances and murders that have occurred in the surrounding mountain range. Much of the show follows the case of 29-year-old Garret Rodriguez, a cannabis grower who was found murdered in the region in 2013.
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"The Redwood Curtain"||December 28, 2018|
|2||"Paradise Lost"||December 28, 2018|
|3||"Frontier Justice"||December 28, 2018|
|4||"The Alderpoint 8"||December 28, 2018|
|5||"Breaking Point"||December 28, 2018|
|6||"The Last Outlaws"||December 28, 2018|
Murder Mountain has received mostly positive reviews. Writing for The Daily Beast, Melissa Leon said that though it is "not the next Making a Murderer ... Murder Mountain is an eye-opening watch". Lea Palmieri of Decider wrote, "if a weed farm and several unexplained missing persons doesn't add up to a compelling binge-watch, then nothing does".
Officials in the Humboldt County area criticized the series and expressed worry over the potential long-term effects on local tourism and economic development. The Humboldt County Sheriff's Office questioned the accuracy of the series, calling it "one side of a highly sensationalized story".
- Davies, Alex (2019-01-03). "Murder Mountain season 2 Netflix release date: Will there be another series?". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Clarke, Stewart (November 21, 2018). "Netflix Takes a Trip to 'Murder Mountain' in True Crime Series From Lightbox". Variety. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- O'Keeffe, Jack. "Netflix's New True Crime Series Will Make You Reconsider Where You Get Your Weed". Bustle. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Ard.com | (2018-12-30). "Editor's note: Some thoughts on 'Murder Mountain'". Times-Standard. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Leon, Melissa (2019-01-01). "Netflix's 'Murder Mountain': Where Marijuana Can Kill". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- "'Murder Mountain' on Netflix: Everything to Know About 2019's First Hit Crime Series". Decider. 2019-01-02. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Reyes-Velarde, Alejandra (January 9, 2019). "Humboldt County Sheriff's Office blasts Netflix over 'Murder Mountain' series". Los Angeles Times.
- Mukherjee, Shomik (March 20, 2019). "'How to respond to Netflix's 'Murder Mountain?' Humboldt County officials grapple with the question". Mercury News.