Most Beautiful ThingWikipedia open wikipedia design.
|Most Beautiful Thing|
|Opening theme||"The Girl from Ipanema" by Amy Winehouse|
|Country of origin||Brazil|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||7|
|Production location(s)||Rio de Janeiro|
|Running time||50 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Prodigo Films|
|Picture format||4K (Ultra HD)|
|Original release||March 22, 2019 –|
Most Beautiful Thing (Portuguese: Coisa Mais Linda) is a Brazilian period drama web television series created by Giuliano Cedroni and Heather Roth. Produced by Prodigo Films, the series had as producers Francesco Civita and Beto Gauss, and Caito Ortiz as showrunner. It stars Maria Casadevall, Pathy Dejesus, Fernanda Vasconcellos, Mel Lisboa, Leandro Lima and Ícaro Silva. The first season, consisting of seven episodes, premiered on Netflix worldwide on March 22, 2019. On May 13, 2019, Netflix renewed the series to a second season.
Most Beautiful Thing follows the story of Malu (Maria Casadevall), a young and wealthy woman from São Paulo who moves to Rio de Janeiro to open a restaurant with her husband. Upon arriving, she discovers that he has abandoned her and fled with all the money. Malu then leaves in search of a new dream amid the emergence of bossa nova in the city with a new love, the musician Chico.
Cast and characters
- Maria Casadevall as Maria Luiza "Malu" Carone
- Leandro Lima as Francisco "Chico" Carvalho
- Pathy Dejesus as Adélia Araújo
- Fernanda Vasconcellos as Lígia Soares
- Mel Lisboa as Thereza Soares
- Ícaro Silva as Capitão
- Alexandre Cioletti as Nelson Soares
- Gustavo Vaz as Augusto Soares
- Gustavo Machado as Roberto
- Thaila Ayala as Helô
- João Bourbonnais as Ademar Carone
- Ondina Clais Castilho as Ester Carone
- Esther Góes as Eleonora Soares
- Larissa Nunes as Ivone Araújo
- Sarah Vitória as Conceição Araújo
On November 6, 2017, Netflix announced the production of a new Brazilian series which would be set in the 1950s with the rise of bossa nova as a backdrop. The series was titled "Coisa Mais Linda" inspired by the song The Girl from Ipanema recorded by João Gilberto and Tom Jobim. On June 29, 2018 is announced the cast of the series and the shooting was initiated in the first week of July, going until October.
- Season 1 songs
- "Ver o Mar (feat. Leandro Lima) (Versão Disco)"
- "Ver o Mar (feat. Leandro Lima) (Versão Barco)"
- "Luz do Seu Olhar (feat. Leandro Lima)"
- "Para Ver Você (feat. Leandro Lima & Fernanda Vasconcellos)"
- "Morning Song"
- "Com que Roupa Eu Vou"
- "Minha Vida (feat. Marcela Maita)"
- "Nas Ruas do Rio (feat. Nuria Nogueira & Daniel de Paula)"
- "O Samba É (feat. Nuria Nogueira)"
- "Show do Capitão"
|1||7||March 22, 2019|
Season 1 (2019)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||1||"Welcome to Rio"||Caito Ortiz||Heather Roth||March 22, 2019|
|2||2||"Girls Are Not Welcome"||Caito Ortiz||Patrícia Corso||March 22, 2019|
|3||3||"Waters of August"||Hugo Prata||Leonardo Moreira||March 22, 2019|
|4||4||"The Dreamers"||Julia Rezende||Luna Grimberg & Giuliano Cedroni||March 22, 2019|
|5||5||"Consequences"||Caito Ortiz||Patrícia Corso||March 22, 2019|
|6||6||"Letting Go"||Julia Rezende||Heather Roth, Leonardo Moreira & Luna Grimberg||March 22, 2019|
|7||7||"Ghosts of Past Christmas"||Hugo Prata||Heather Roth||March 22, 2019|
Tess Cagle from The Daily Dot gave the series a 4 out of 5 stars, saying that "Coisa Mais Linda honors the resilience of women from the time period". Writing in Decider, Joel Keller described the series as a "lush look at a woman stuck between her conservative life in São Paulo and the more open life she wants in Rio". The Review Geek gave the series a 7.5 out of 10, commenting that the show "may not have the most original premise" but praising that "the unique blend of aesthetic beauty and character chemistry are enough to keep this one engaging and watchable throughout".
- "Netflix Renews Brazilian Original, Coisa Mais Linda". todotvnews. May 14, 2018. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- Dehò, Maurício (February 19, 2019). ""Coisa Mais Linda": Trailer em clima de bossa nova apresenta série da Netflix". Universo Online (in Portuguese). Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- "COISA MAIS LINDA - A hora e a vez das poderosas". O Tempo (in Portuguese). March 24, 2019. Retrieved March 25, 2019.
- "Conheça o elenco da nova série brasileira da Netflix". Entre Séries (in Portuguese). June 29, 2018. Retrieved March 25, 2019.
- "Netflix disponibiliza trilha sonora de primeira temporada de "Coisa Mais Linda"; ouça". Pop Cultura (in Portuguese). May 13, 2019. Retrieved June 13, 2019.
- Cagle, Tess (March 25, 2018). "Netflix drama 'Coisa Mais Linda' explores Bossa Nova clubs and women's rights in Brazil". The Daily Dot. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Keller, Joel (March 25, 2018). "Stream It Or Skip It: 'Most Beautiful Thing' On Netflix, Where A Divorced Woman Opens A Bossa Nova Club in 1950s Rio". Decider. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Wheeler, Greg (March 22, 2018). "Most Beautiful Thing – Netflix Season 1 Review". The Review Geek. Retrieved March 28, 2019.