From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
February 2, 1969
(m. ??; div. ??)
Croatto is the daughter of Argentine actress Raquel Montero and Italian Argentine folk singer, Tony Croatto. Shortly after birth in Caracas, Venezuela, her parents decided to move and resettle in Puerto Rico.
She was raised and educated in San Juan. When Croatto was 11 years old, she attended the D'Rose Modeling School, where she took modeling classes. She was an alumna of the Academia del Perpetuo Socorro in Miramar. Croatto always considers herself a Puerto Rican and publicly identifies herself as such.
Croatto started her acting career as a narrator in El Show de Shows ("The Show of Shows") which aired locally on Channel 11. She also worked as a dancer on such television shows Juventud 83 and Juventud 84 during her adolescence.
During her early adulthood, she won a small part on the television show La Pension de Doña Tere (Mrs. Tere Boardinghouse) starring Norma Candal. That year, she also worked in her first mini soap opera in which the members of Menudo participated. Her character was that of the sister of Ricky Martin who happened to be in love with Robby Rosa.
- María María 1989, Julia
- Pobre diabla 1990
- Marielena 1992, Graciela (Special performance)
- Guadalupe 1993-1994, Diana Zambrano
- Morelia 1995, Sarah (Special performance)
- Aguamarina 1997, Verona Calatrava
- La Mujer de Mi Vida 1998, Katiuska Cardona
- Me muero por ti 1999, Helena
- Gata Salvaje 2002-2003, Eduarda Arismendi - antagonist
- Amor descarado 2003, Chantal
- La ley del silencio 2005, Isabel
- Valeria 2008, Estrella Granados
Croatto was married to Juan Roselló, the brother of former Menudo member Roy Rosselló. She and Roselló have two sons together, Juan Alejandro and Michael Gabriel. On August 29, 2004, Croatto married Mexican actor José Ángel Llamas. They have one son together, Rafael.
- Primera Hora
- Cobos TV
- Azteca 21 Magazine
- "Latin American Actresses". Archived from the original on 2008-12-16. Retrieved 2008-12-16.
- Fundación Nacional para la Cultura Popular
- Mara Croatto at IMDb
- "José Ángel Llamas ya no será galán, ahora servirá a Dios" [José Angel Llamas will no longer be gallant, now he will serve God]. Zocalo (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-07-22.