From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Full name||Manfredonia Calcio S.r.l.s.d.|
|Nickname(s)||Sipontini, Biancocelesti, Donia|
|League||Serie D Group H|
|2017–18||Serie D Group H, 17th of 18 (relegated)|
Manfredonia Calcio S.r.l. Sportiva Dilettantistica commonly known as Manfredonia Calcio or just Manfredonia is an Italian association football club, based in Manfredonia, in the Province of Foggia, Apulia. Currently it plays in Serie D.
The club, founded in 1932 as Associazione Sportiva Manfredonia. Manfredonia is known for having been the first Italian professional team to play its home matches on a synthetic football field. The club also used Polisportiva Manfredonia as its denomination in 1940–41.
Manfredonia returned to play in the professional leagues only in 2004 (as S.S. Manfredonia Calcio S.r.l.), following 64 years of absence from Serie C. In 2004–05 Manfredonia won promotion from Serie C2 to Serie C1, but finished last in its division in 2007–08 and was directly relegated back down to Lega Pro Seconda Divisione (ex-Serie C2). The club also won the appeal to remain in the professional league in July 2008. The club was initially fail the financial inspection by the Commissione di Vigilanza sulle Società di Calcio (Co.Vi.So.C.) of Italian Football Federation. At the end of the 2009–10 Lega Pro Seconda Divisione season, the company had major financial problems that led the team to failure. According to FIGC, the club had a capital shortfall of €918,661, in May 2010. The membership of the old company in FIGC was finally revoked in 2013.
Thanks to Article 52 of N.O.I.F., a phoenix club was founded in the summer of 2010 as A.S.D. Manfredonia Football 1932 and began the season in the Eccellenza Apulia. In the following year the club was renamed as A.S.D. Manfredonia Calcio.
Colors and badge
The team's colors are light blue and white.
- former players with international caps
- former players who played in Serie A
- "Manfredonia, la carica dei 42 'Un modello da portare in C1'". la Repubblica (in Italian). 12 May 2005. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Manfredonia-Foggia, botte ai giornalisti uno finisce in ospedale: trauma cranico". la Repubblica (in Italian). 25 March 2007. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Manfredonia, l'azienda del gas regala panettoni ai tifosi. Il sindaco: "Non accettateli da chi inquina"". la Repubblica (in Italian). 14 December 2015. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "C.U. N°20/A (2008–09)" (PDF) (in Italian). FIGC. 18 July 2008. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "C.U. N°14/A (2010–11)" (PDF) (in Italian). FIGC. 16 July 2010. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "C.U. N°72/A (2013–14)" (PDF) (in Italian). FIGC. 11 September 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 November 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "Comunicato Stampa" [Press Release] (PDF) (in Italian). FIGC. 10 August 2010. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Comunicato Ufficiale (C.U.) N°16 (2010–11)" [Press Release N°16 (2010–11)] (in Italian). FIGC LND Apulia. 8 September 2010. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "C.U. N°2 (2011–12)" [Press Release N°2 (2011–12)] (in Italian). FIGC LND Apulia. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Il Manfredonia si 'trasforma'. Avvenuto il passaggio dalla vecchia A.S.D. alla S.S. a r.l." manfredonianews.it (in Italian). 6 July 2016. Archived from the original on 11 July 2016. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- Entry in Registro Imprese (in Italian), Accessed on 6 September 2016