From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Industry||Private military company|
|Founded||Idlib Governorate, Syria, 2015|
|Founders||Abu Rofiq (Abu Salman) †|
|Abu Salman Belarus Abu Rofiq Ali al-Shishani|
|Services||Military consultation and training|
Number of employees
Malhama Tactical is a private military contractor operating in the Syrian Civil War. The group, founded by a pseudonymous Uzbeki jihadist called Abu Rofiq, is closely allied with Jabhat Fateh al-Sham and its successor group Tahrir al-Sham. Its around dozen members occasionally participate in combat and run guns, but primarily provide training. The company is known to have worked with Ahrar al-Sham and the Turkistan Islamic Party. Its leader Abu Rofiq was killed in an airstrike on 7 February 2017, though his death has been questioned.
The company was founded in 2015 and came to prominence in early 2017. However, according to the Twitter account of the current leader of Malhama Tactical, Abu Salman Belarus, the group has been active since 2013 in what he has described as "emergency aid on the battlefield." They have been noted for their prolific and successful use of social media to advertise their services. Malhama Tactical is active in the Idlib-Aleppo region. Fighters are noted to be considerably better trained than other Syrian fighters, although not as good as Western soldiers, and to be very well equipped. They are well trained in medical care, which allows them to reduce their casualties.
In May and July 2017, Malhama Tactical conducted raids against government forces in the western Aleppo Governorate alongside Ajnad al-Kavkaz. In November 2018, Malhama Tactical together with Tahrir al-Sham conducted a night raid on a Syrian Army & Russian base, in which allegedly 25 soldiers were kiled, seven of whom were Russians. After the death of Abu Salman (Abu Rofiq), Ali Al-Shishani became the new leader of Malhama Tactical.
- "The Blackwater of Jihad".
- "Malhama Tactical (JFS /Conquest of al-Sham Front) - Terrorist Groups - TRAC".
- Lapkin, Ivan (February 7, 2017). "Unknown airstrike kills elite Nusra's squad leader in Idlib".
- "'Malhama Tactical' - so-called 'Islamic private military company' ... Myth and reality". War Diary. R&U Videos. 9 January 2019.
- Joanna Paraszczuk (7 November 2019). "I asked Ali Shishani why some Chechen mujahideen started wearing Ichkeria flags". From Chechnya to Syria. Retrieved 13 November 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-09-21. Retrieved 2018-09-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Malhama Tactical, The Fanatics Tactical Guru! - The Firearm Blog". 12 December 2016.
- Ivan Lapkin. "Unknown airstrike kills elite Nusra's squad leader in Idlib". Al-Masdar News. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- Neil Hauer (19 April 2018). "North Caucasian Militants May Be Seeking Syria Exit". Atlantic Council. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- OGN TV (13 November 2018). "Daring Rebel Night Raid: Seven Russians Dead".
- Joanna Paraszczuk (12 September 2019). "Interview with Ali Al-Shishani, New Commander of Malhama Tactical".
|This article about a specific military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|