MTV Live HD
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|MTV Live HD|
|Launched||15 September 2008|
|Closed||9 April 2013 (France)|
3 December 2013 (Australia)
|Owned by||ViacomCBS Networks EMEAA|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
0.01% (September 2015 , BARB)
|Slogan||Let there be music|
|Formerly called||MTVNHD (2008-2011) (2008–2012 UK)|
|Sister channel(s)||MTV |
|Dish México||Channel 945|
|36,0° East, frequency 12073 L|
|OSN (MENA)||Channel 300 (HD)|
|Cosmote TV |
|Astro||Channel 712 (SD) |
Channel 719 (HD)
|Channel 108 (HD)|
Channel 395 (HD)
|Cignal Digital TV|
|Channel 280 (HD)|
|MEO (Portugal)||Channel 131|
|Nova Hellas (Greece)||Channel 606|
|Kristal-Astro||Channel 712 (SD) |
Channel 719 (HD)
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 449|
|UPC Switzerland||Channel 250|
|Kbro (Taiwan)||Channel 234 (SD)|
|Bukidnon Z5 Cable|
|Channel 41 (HD)|
|CHT MOD (Taiwan)||Channel 153 (HD)|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 349 (HD)|
|MEO (Portugal)||Channel 137|
|Tele2 Netherlands||Channel 228|
|T-Mobile Netherlands||Channel 215|
|Indihome (Indonesia)||Channel 450 (SD)|
Channel 948 (HD)
|Proximus TV (Belgium)||Channel 153|
|Scarlet (Belgium)||Channel 163|
|Vodafone (Spain)||Channel 183|
|Yelo TV||Watch live (Belgium only)|
|Ziggo GO (Netherlands)||ZiggoGO.tv (Europe only)|
MTV Live HD is an international 24-hour HD music pay television network that is operated by ViacomCBS Networks International' subsidiary ViacomCBS Networks EMEAA. The channel is available in Europe, Latin America, Oceania, Middle East and North Africa and Asia.
MTV Live HD, the first ever international high definition service dedicated to music, offers a mix of programming from MTV. MTV Live HD is operated by MTVNI's Emerging Markets group, who produce and broadcast the channel from its Warsaw hub. The English-language service also features original and acquired shows, and programming from MTVNI's multi-branded library.
The channel's mix of programming includes shows produced by other international MTV production units in Southern Europe, the UK and Latin America. From the beginning the channels' programming schedules were split into two blocks - MTV HD and Nickelodeon HD, but from October through December 2010 the channel only aired music related programs; it restarted airing Nickelodeon shows at the weekends but earlier in the morning. From July 1, 2011 the channel began to focus primarily on live music programming.
The channel was launched on September 15, 2008 in some parts of Europe as MTVNHD (MTV Networks-High Definition) and in Latin America by the end of 2008. The channel continued to launch in new countries throughout 2010, including Australia where it first became available in standard-definition.
On July 1, 2011, MTVNHD was rebranded as MTV Live HD, with a new logo to match the new logos of all other MTV channels revealed on the same date. However, in the UK and Ireland the channel remained as MTVNHD. In Australia MTVN Live was rebranded as MTV Live.
On April 23, 2012, MTVNHD was rebranded as MTV Live HD in the UK and Ireland, along with the launch of a standard-definition MTV Live.
On April 9, 2013, MTV Live HD ceased broadcasting in France after to the launch of the HD's versions of the French MTV channels.
On October 1, 2013, MTV Live HD and MTV Live revamped the channels logo as part of a global rebrand.
On November 3, 2013, MTV Live and MTV Live HD ceased broadcasting on Foxtel's service in Australia.
On 15 February 2016, the standard-definition MTV Live closed and was replaced by MTV Music +1 in the United Kingdom. On 29 June 2016, MTV Live HD stopped airing on Sky in the UK, but continues on Virgin Media.
The channel is available in a number of countries throughout Europe, Latin America and Asia including:
- Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Estonia, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
- Latin America
- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, Mainland China and Taiwan.
- Middle East and North Africa
- Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Yemen, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Mauritania and Chad.
- ... And Friends
- ... vs ... vs ....
- Diary of
- High Definition Hits
- Hot Right Now
- Hot Spot
- Leading Ladies / US Ladies
- Making The Video
- MTV Asks
- MTV Crashes
- MTV Essentials
- MTV Live
- MTV Rewind
- MTV Unplugged
- MTV World Stage
- Powerplay! This Week's MTV Hotlist
- The Ride
- This Week's MTV Top 20
- V Festival
- From The Beginning
- In The Zone
- MTV Live Vibrations
- Laura Whitmore (2008–16)
- Bluey Robinson (2012–16)
- Becca Dudley
- Lilah Parsons (2013–15)
- Andrea Feczko (2012-13)
- Emmie Beretta (Hosted Essential HD)
- Daniel Rosenberg (Hosted MTV Top 20)
- Natasha Gilbert
- Carmen Electra
- Samantha Rowley
- Alice Levine
- Sejal Allora Patel
- MTV Base
- MTV Classic
- MTV Dance
- MTV Hits
- MTV Music
- MTV Rocks
- Viacom International Media Networks Europe
-  Archived May 24, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- MTVN Lat Am completes regional rejig, C21 Media, 2009-03-19
- "MTV Networks International Launches First Ever Music and Kids International High Definition Service - MTVNHD" (Press release). MTV Networks International. 2008-09-01. Archived from the original on 2011-06-08. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
- "MTV Networks to launch international HD channel". Reuters. 1 September 2008.
- "New logos: MTV international". The Branding Source. 21 June 2011. Archived from the original on 1 July 2011.
- "Revamp for MTV HD". Broadband TV News. 10 February 2012. Archived from the original on 25 February 2013.
- "Summer Channel Changes". Foxtel. Archived from the original on 16 March 2014. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- MTV grows HD footprint, C21 Media, 14 July 2009, retrieved 1 November 2010
- "MTVN HD brzy v České republice!" (in Czech). Parabola.cz. 2011-03-09. Archived from the original on 2013-10-14. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- MTVNHD heads to Baltics, C21 Media, 1 February 2010, retrieved 1 November 2010
- "Grilla de Señales CABLE - Tigo Star". star.tigo.com.py. Archived from the original on 28 March 2018. Retrieved 4 May 2018.