Love on the Spectrum
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Love on the Spectrum|
|Created by||Cian O'Clery|
|Directed by||Cian O'Clery|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||5 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||38-46 minutes|
|Original release||November 19, 2019|
|No.||Title||Original release date |
|1||"Episode 1"||July 22, 2020|
|2||"Episode 2"||July 22, 2020|
|3||"Episode 3"||July 22, 2020|
|4||"Episode 4"||July 22, 2020|
The show has received positive reviews from critics. It was awarded 4 out 5 stars by Rebecca Nicholson of The Guardian, saying that "at its best, this show is a compassionate, human celebration of difference, and of love.". Brett White of Decider recommended for viewers to stream the show, observing that "Love on the Spectrum is unlike any Netflix reality dating show you’ve seen before, in the best way.". Alison Foreman of Mashable gave the show a positive review, saying that "Love on the Spectrum is an affecting show that paints telling portraits of human connection that are so lovely, so moving, and so wholly satisfying, it's hard to imagine reality dating being done any other way", while Brian Lowry of CNN Entertainment said that the show "exhibits empathy toward the featured players without condescending toward them, and quickly bridges any cultural barriers in a broadly universal manner." In his review of the series, Daniel Hart of Ready Steady Cut was also positive, concluding that "a reality series that helps to dispel some of the stigma surrounding autism is particularly welcome." Although Michael Phillips of the Chicago Tribune was somewhat more critical of certain parts of the series, he nevertheless observed that "Unlike Tiger King or The Bachelor, or certain real-life political reality shows that lost touch with the real world a long time ago, Love on the Spectrum is about empathy. And about something more interesting than contempt."
- "Love on the Spectrum". Northern Pictures. Retrieved 2020-07-25.
- "'Love on the Spectrum': An unscripted Netflix series from Australia may be just what the summer needed". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2020-07-22.
- "'Love on the Spectrum' Trailer: Netflix Docuseries Explores Dating With Autism (Video)". The Wrap. Retrieved 2020-07-22.
- "Love on the Spectrum – Listings". The Futon Critic. Retrieved July 24, 2020.
- Knox, David. "Airdate: Love on the Spectrum | TV Tonight". https://tvtonight.com.au/. Retrieved 2020-07-25. External link in