Love on the Spectrum
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Love on the Spectrum|
|Created by||Cian O'Clery|
|Directed by||Cian O'Clery|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||4|
|Running time||58 minutes|
|Original release||November 19, 2019|
Love on the Spectrum first aired on the ABC in November 2019. In July 2020, it was released on Netflix to other territories in a five-part format. A second season was confirmed in September 2020; it will feature a new group of people.
The show has received positive reviews from critics. It was awarded 4 out 5 stars by Rebecca Nicholson of The Guardian, saying that "at its best, this show is a compassionate, human celebration of difference, and of love." Brett White of Decider recommended for viewers to stream the show, observing that "Love on the Spectrum is unlike any Netflix reality dating show you’ve seen before, in the best way." Alison Foreman of Mashable gave the show a positive review, saying that "Love on the Spectrum is an affecting show that paints telling portraits of human connection that are so lovely, so moving, and so wholly satisfying, it's hard to imagine reality dating being done any other way", while Brian Lowry of CNN Entertainment said that the show "exhibits empathy toward the featured players without condescending toward them, and quickly bridges any cultural barriers in a broadly universal manner." In his review of the series, Daniel Hart of Ready Steady Cut was also positive, concluding that "a reality series that helps to dispel some of the stigma surrounding autism is particularly welcome." Although Michael Phillips of the Chicago Tribune was somewhat more critical of certain parts of the series, he nevertheless observed that "Unlike Tiger King or The Bachelor, or certain real-life political reality shows that lost touch with the real world a long time ago, Love on the Spectrum is about empathy. And about something more interesting than contempt."
- "Love on the Spectrum". Northern Pictures. Retrieved 2020-07-25.
- "'Love on the Spectrum': An unscripted Netflix series from Australia may be just what the summer needed". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2020-07-22.
- "'Love on the Spectrum' Trailer: Netflix Docuseries Explores Dating With Autism (Video)". The Wrap. Retrieved 2020-07-22.
- Knox, David. "Airdate: Love on the Spectrum | TV Tonight". tvtonight. Retrieved 2020-07-25.
- Russell, Stephen (2019-11-18). "Love on the Spectrum: The gorgeous show making The Bachelor look boring". The New Daily. Retrieved 2020-10-20.
- Kurchak, Sarah (2020-07-24). "The Promise—and Pitfalls—of Netflix's New Reality Dating Show for Autistic People". Time. Retrieved 2020-10-20.
- Chilton, Louis (2020-07-24). "'Heartwarming' Netflix dating show Love on the Spectrum praised by critics". The Independent. Retrieved 2020-10-20.
- Martin, Josh (2020-09-08). "'Love on The Spectrum' Season 2 greenlit in new Screen Australia documentary funding round". NME Australia. Retrieved 2020-10-20.