List of Islamic political partiesWikipedia open wikipedia design.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Part of a series on|
Below are lists of political parties espousing Islamic identity or political Islam in various approaches under the system of Islamic democracy. Islamic democracy refers to a political ideology that seeks to apply Islamic principles to public policy within a democratic framework. Lists are categorized by the ideological affiliation and sorted by the country of origin.
This is a list of political parties espousing Islamic liberalism as its main ideology.
- Islamic Iran Participation Front (banned)
- National Forces Alliance39 / 200
Moderate, Progressive Islamic / Centrist
This is a list of political parties espousing Islam as its main identity without principal adherence to the particular ideology of political Islam, or taking a theological position of wasat which advocates for politico-religious centrism.
- Islamic Renaissance Movement (part of Green Algeria Alliance)
- Al-Menbar Islamic Society 1 / 40
- Party of Democratic Action 29 / 98
- Islamic Action Organisation
- Islamic Dawa Party (part of National Iraqi Alliance)
- Islamic Fayli Grouping in Iraq
- Kurdistan Islamic Group 3 / 328
- Islamic Labour Movement in Iraq
- Islamic Union of Iraqi Turkoman 0 / 328
- Islamic Centrist Party5 / 130
- Islam Democraten (nl)
- Ideal Democratic Party1 / 80
- Sri Lanka Muslim Congress7 / 225
- Ennahda Movement69 / 217
|Part of a series on:|
- Green Algeria Alliance49 / 462
- Islamic Salvation Front (banned)
- Committee for National Revolution (dissolved)
- Freedom and Justice Party 0 / 568
- Building and Development Party 0 / 568
- Islamic Party 0 / 568
- Al-Jama'a al-Islamiyya1 / 128
- Malaysian Islamic Party 18 / 222
- Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan 3 / 342
- Jamiat Ahle Hadith
- Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan3 / 168
- Jamiat Ulema-e Islam (F)13 / 342
- Hamas74 / 132
- Islamic Party of Azerbaijan (dissolved)
- Hezbollah 12 / 128
- National Iraqi Alliance183 / 328
- Islamic Dawa Party – Iraq Organisation 8 / 328
- Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq 29 / 328
- Islamic Virtue Party 6 / 328
- Tehrik-e-Jafaria3 / 33
|Part of a series on: |
Sab'u Masajid, Saudi Arabia
This is a list of political parties espousing Salafism as its main ideology.
- Al Asalah 2 / 40
- Young Kashgar Party (dissolved)
- Adhaalath Party1 / 85
- Justice and Development Party 0 / 217
- Al-Islah44 / 301
- el-Karanshawi, Shaimaa (19 February 2011). "Egypt court approves moderate Islamic party". Almasry Alyoum. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- UMNO Online. UMNO's Constitution: Foundation and Goals. From: "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2013-01-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Sidrah Moiz Khan "Pakistan's creation pointless if it fails to become Islamic welfare state" "Imran Khan said on Wednesday that Pakistan’s creation had been pointless if the country fails to become an Islamic welfare state" 27 June 2012.
- Marcus Michaelsen "Pakistan's dream catcher" "Iqbal's work has influenced Imran Khan in his deliberations on an "Islamic social state" 27 March 2012.
- "Egypt's Islamists announce own political party", Dawn, 30 Apr 2011, retrieved 28 June 2011
- "Egypt Islamists form 'non-theocratic' party", The Peninsula, 1 May 2011, archived from the original on 30 November 2011, retrieved 28 June 2011
- Hamzawy, Amr (July 2008). "Party for Justice and Development in Morocco: Participation and Its Discontents". Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Retrieved 30 November 2011.