From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Directed by||Daniel Bogado|
|Opening theme||"Hienas na TV" by Elza Soares|
|Country of origin|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||7 (list of episodes)|
Killer Ratings is a true crime television documentary series that was released on Netflix on May 31, 2019, about the Brazilian television presenter and politician Wallace Souza, who was accused of ordering a series of murders to improve the ratings of his popular television news program Canal Livre.
The series present stories and testimonies of professionals who worked on the program, authorities who acted in the case, Wallace's relatives and people who met the politician. The complex plot includes accusations of conspiracy, revelations about political disputes and how violence struck and reaches Manaus in several ways.
Wallace Souza was the host of Canal Livre, a program that ran for 10 years in Manaus, Amazonas, on TV Rio Negro. The success of his program - which specialized in exposing and 'outing' murders, kidnapping, and anti-trafficking operations - made Wallace Souza very popular and led him to eventually be elected congressman in the Amazonas state. In 2009, police began to investigate Souza on charges of ordering murders to increase the audience ratings of his program.
Conception and development
The director Daniel Bogado mentioned that he first learned about the story of Wallace Souza when the case was reported in the international press, after a report of Fantástico, from TV Globo. It took more than two years between research and production, until the release of the docuseries.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date |
|1||"The Accusation"||TBA||TBA||May 31, 2019|
|2||"The Investigation"||TBA||TBA||May 31, 2019|
|3||"Conspiracy"||TBA||TBA||May 31, 2019|
|4||"The Son"||TBA||TBA||May 31, 2019|
|5||"In God's Hands"||TBA||TBA||May 31, 2019|
|6||"Judgement"||TBA||TBA||May 31, 2019|
|7||"The Terror"||TBA||TBA||May 31, 2019|
- White, Peter (May 6, 2019). "Netflix Explores 'Killer Ratings'; Doc Series To Explore Strange Case Of Brazilian TV Host Who Allegedly Tried To Boost Ratings By Ordering Murders". Deadline. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- Llorente, Elizabeth (June 25, 2019). "Netflix 'Killer Ratings' true-crime series looks at Brazilian TV host accused of ordering murders to spice up ratings". Fox News. Retrieved July 4, 2019.
- "Netflix lança trailer da docussérie Bandidos na TV; assista". Correio Braziliense (in Portuguese). May 16, 2019. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- "Trilha sonora da série "Bandidos na TV" é sucesso entre espectadores". O Globo (in Portuguese). June 22, 2019. Retrieved July 4, 2019.
- Barros, Luiza (June 1, 2019). "'Bandidos na TV' conta história de apresentador acusado de encomendar assassinatos". O Globo (in Portuguese). Retrieved July 4, 2019.
- "Killer Ratings – Listings". The Futon Critic. Retrieved May 26, 2019.