Kenneth M. Jacobs
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Kenneth M. Jacobs
|Alma mater||University of Chicago|
|Occupation||Executive Chairman of Lazard|
Jacobs joined Lazard in 1988. Jacobs was named a Lazard Partner in 1991, and in 2002 he was named deputy chairman and head of North America for Lazard. In this role, he focused on enhancing the firm's business by entering into new markets and adding new practices, such as restructuring, strategic capital structure advice, and private fund advisory. He also focused on bringing in new staff specializing in energy, technology and healthcare.
Jacobs also expanded Lazard’s financial advisory business through an acquisition in the US Middle Market, which is now called Private Market Advisory.
In November 2009, the Lazard Board of Directors unanimously elected Jacobs to serve as chairman and chief executive officer of Lazard.
On May 26, 2023, Lazard announced that Jacobs will transition to serve as executive chairman of the board, effective October 1, 2023. He will continue to advise clients on financial strategic matters. 
Jacobs is a member of the board of trustees of the University of Chicago and the Brookings Institution. Jacobs earned a B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago and an M.B.A. from the Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
- Armitage, Jim (2023-07-06). "Lazard's Ken Jacobs: I'm taking the drama out of succession". The Times. ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 2023-07-07.
- Nguyen, Lananh (May 26, 2023). "Lazard names Orszag as CEO, Jacobs to become executive chairman". Reuters.
- J. de la Merced, Michael (November 17, 2009). "New Leader at Lazard Is an Insider". The New York Times.
- Lombardo, Cara (May 26, 2023). "Lazard Names Peter Orszag as Next CEO". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Captain with a new style for the same game". Financial Times.
- "Lazard's Jacobs Was Constant Amid 21 Years of Changes". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Lazard's Model Gaining Traction in the Postcrisis World". Institutional Investor. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "LAZARD NAMES KENNETH M. JACOBS CHAIRMAN AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Lazard Appoints Peter R. Orszag as CEO and Kenneth M. Jacobs as Executive Chairman". Lazard.com. May 26, 2023.
- Corkery, Michael (17 November 2009). "Ken Jacobs, a Lazard Survivor". Wall Street Journal. The Wall St. Journal. Retrieved 16 September 2014.