From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Broadcast area||Lafayette metropolitan area|
|Branding||Classic Rock 105.1|
|Slogan||Acadiana's Classic Rock|
|First air date||May 25, 1974 (as KROF-FM)|
|HAAT||89 meters (292 ft)|
|Call sign meaning||LaFayetTE|
|Former call signs||KROF-FM (1974-1980)|
|Former frequencies||104.9 MHz|
(The Fort Collins/Lafayette Divestiture Trust)
|Sister stations||KHXT, KMDL, KPEL, KPEL-FM, KROF, KTDY|
KFTE (105.1 FM, "Classic Rock 105.1") is a commercial radio station in Abbeville, Louisiana, broadcasting to the Lafayette, Louisiana, area. KFTE airs a classic rock music format, and is owned by Townsquare Media. Its studios are located on Bertrand Road in Lafayette, and its transmitter is located north of Abbeville, Louisiana.
KFTE was established as KROF-FM 104.9, sister station to KROF (960 AM), on May 25, 1974. It initially simulcasted KROF during the day and continued its broadcasts at night. The call letters were changed to KASC on November 1, 1980. In 1994, Schilling Distributing Co., a beer distributor, bought the station from Mid-Acadiana Broadcasting. Previously, it was the last alternative rock station under Townsquare Media ownership since Townsquare Media is withdrawing alternative rock stations from ownership. For example, some Townsquare Media stations dumped the format entirely such as WGRD-FM in Grand Rapids, Michigan. In 2012, KFTE shifted to Mainstream Rock.
On January 19, 2017, KFTE changed their format to classic rock, branded as "Classic Rock 105.1".
- "KROF To Begin FM Broadcasting". Abbeville Meridional. May 23, 1974. p. 1. Retrieved January 28, 2020.
- FCC History Cards for KFTE
- "Lafayette firm buys 2 Breaux Bridge stations". The Advocate. Baton Rouge, Louisiana. May 3, 1994. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
- KFTE Adds Walton and Johnson and Flips to Classic Rock Radioinsight - January 20, 2017
- KFTE official website
- KFTE in the FCC's FM station database
- KFTE on Radio-Locator
- KFTE in Nielsen Audio's FM station database
|This article about a radio station in Louisiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|