Joshua SteinerWikipedia open wikipedia design.
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Joshua Steiner is co-chairman of the Board of Directors at Castleton Commodities International LLC and a senior adviser at Bloomberg LP., where he was previously Head of Industry Verticals. During his tenure at Bloomberg, Steiner oversaw the company's non-financial information businesses, venture capital fund, and corporate development and strategy teams. He also led company-wide initiatives in data privacy, emerging markets growth, and market liberalization. He previously served as a Senior Advisor at NBCUniversal in Mumbai. Prior to living in Mumbai, he was co-President of Quadrangle Group LLC, an alternative asset management firm. Steiner also worked in the United States government during the Clinton Administration.
Steiner has led investments and served on the boards of media and communications companies in the United States, Germany, Spain and India.
In 2008, during President Obama's transition into office, Joshua Steiner served as an adviser to the Obama administration regarding economy policy.
Steiner was a Senior Advisor to NBCUniversal in India and was formerly co-President of private equity investment firm Quadrangle Group.
Department of Treasury
Previously Steiner was Chief of Staff of the U.S. Treasury Department in the Clinton Administration, where he was responsible for managing the Secretary of Treasury's staff and served as his advisor on domestic and international policy as well as management and communications issues. Steiner came into national news as a result of the Whitewater investigations where he testified before Congress on the contacts between the Treasury and the Clinton White House. He testified before the Senate Banking Committee on August 2, 1994.
He currently serves on the boards of Engineers Gate, a quantitative investment firm, Jump Start, and several technology startups. He is a Trustee of Yale University and serves on the Board of the Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University. He is an Honorary Trustee of the New York Public Library, where he was previously the Vice Chair of the Board.
Mr. Steiner is married to Antoinette Delruelle. They live with their children in New York City.
- "Jumpstart nabs $8.5M led by Sequoia for a recruitment platform that aims to increase diversity". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- "Steiner, head of industry verticals, is leaving Bloomberg". Talking Biz News. Retrieved May 31, 2018.
- "Joshua Steiner, Former Quadrangle Principal, Joins Bloomberg". The Wall Street Journal. January 15, 2013.
- Stoll, John; McCracken, Jeffrey (26 January 2009). "Bankruptcy Fears Grip Auto-Parts Suppliers". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- Dugan, Ianthe Jeanne (2000-03-01). "Top Executive Leaving Lazard Freres". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- pm, Hailey Fuchs 12:44; Jun 22; 2018. "Yale chooses Hill GRD '85 to lead Corporation". yaledailynews.com. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- Riley, Russell (6 November 2005). "For History's Sake, Nothing Like a Paper Trail". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on 10 August 2018.
- Rich, Frank (1994-08-04). "Opinion | Journal; A Blip on the Screen". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- "Yale announces new senior trustee, alumni fellow, and successor trustees". YaleNews. 21 June 2018. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- Pogrebin, Robin (2008-03-11). "Stephen Schwarzman - New York Public Library". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-01-13.