Jonathan FastWikipedia open wikipedia design.
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||April 13, 1948|
New York City
|Alma mater||Princeton University, Columbia University, Yeshiva University|
(m. 1977; div. 1982)
|Children||Molly Jong-Fast, 2 sons|
|Relatives||Howard Fast (father)|
Life and career
Fast was born in New York City. He attended Princeton University, and earned graduate degrees at Columbia University and Yeshiva University. He has a daughter, Molly Jong-Fast, from his first marriage to author Erica Jong, and two sons from his marriage to Barbara Fast, a Unitarian minister.
Fast's nonfiction book, Ceremonial Violence: A Psychological Explanation of School Shootings (2008), analyzes the five school shootings from a psychological perspective: Cleveland Elementary School shooting (San Diego), the Columbine High School shooting, the shootings at Simon's Rock College, the Bethel Regional High School shooting, and the Pearl High School shooting.
- Science fiction
- The Secrets of Synchronicity (1977)
- Mortal Gods (1978)
- The Inner Circle (1979)
- "Prisoner of the Planets" (1980)
- The Beast (1981)
- Other fiction
- The Golden Fire (1986)
- The Jade Stalk (1988)
- Stolen Time (1990)
- Newsies (1992)
- Jong-Fast, Molly. "My Mother's Daughter". NYBooks.com. New York Review of Books. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- Jonathan Fast (4 September 2008). Ceremonial Violence: A Psychological Explanation of School Shootings (First ed.). The Overlook Press. ISBN 9781590200476. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Wurzweiler Professor Jonathan Fast on Bullying and Shame | Wurzweiler School of Social Work". blogs.yu.edu. Archived from the original on 22 February 2017.