Jamtara – Sabka Number Ayega
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Jamtara – Sabka Number Ayega|
|Written by||Trishant Srivastava Nishank Verma|
|Directed by||Soumendra Padhi|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Picture format||4K (UHDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||10 January 2020 –|
Jamtara – Sabka Number Ayega is an Indian crime drama web television series directed by Soumendra Padhi and written by Trishant Srivastava. The story revolves around the phishing operations in the Jamtara district of Jharkhand. It was released on Netflix on 10 January 2020.
- Amit Sial as Brajesh Bhaan
- Dibyendu Bhattacharya as Biswa Paathak
- Aksha Pardasany as SP Dolly Sahu
- Sparsh Shrivastav as Sunny
- Monika Panwar as Gudiya
- Aasif khan as Anas Ahmad
- Harshit Gupta as Baccha
- Rohit Kp as Munna
- Aatm Prakash Mishra as Bachhu
- Anshuman Pushkar as Rocky
- Kartavya kabra as shabaaz
- Monu Kanojiya as chotu
In 2015, Padhi read an article about the phishing operations carried out by school children in Jamtara district which sparked his interest. He sent his writing team to do research. The character of female SP Dolly Sahu was based on Jamtara's Superintendent Jaya Roy.
Kirubhakar Purushothaman of The New Indian Express said that the plot of the series is "tightly-written and disseminates information seamlessly, hooking us from the word go." Udita Jhunjunwala of Scroll.in called it "exremely binge-able" and wrote: "The characterisation and dynamics of Jamtara land somewhere in the realm of the Anurag Kashyap meets Tigmanshu Dhulia universe."
Tanisha Bagchi of The Quint wrote: "Had the narrative been more layered, Jamtara would have been a huge feather in the cap for Netflix, which has churned out disappointing originals such as Chopsticks, Drive, Ghost Stories etc." Rohan Nahar of Hindustan Times gave a positive review and said that the "underdog series washes away the stench of recent big-budget failures" for Netflix.
- "Jamtara Sabka Number Ayega trailer: Netflix India dives into the true-crime space". Hindustan Times. 23 December 2019. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- Arora, Akhil (3 January 2020). "Jamtara Netflix Series Release Date, Trailer, Cast, Director, Writer, and More". NDTV. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "Jamtara writer Nishank Verma: Realistic dramas are the toughest to crack". India Today. 24 January 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "Jamtara: Sabka Number Aayega trailer – Netflix, Viacom18's first Indian original series is a crime thriller about phishing". Firstpost. 23 December 2019. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- Paul, Ushnota (21 January 2020). "Behind the scenes with the Jamtara director Soumendra Padhi and cast". The Telegraph. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- Panicker, Anahita (16 January 2020). "Director Soumendra Padhi on 'Jamtara', the Netflix series about Jharkand's [sic] phishing scam". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "Jamtara: Sabka Number Aayega review: An engaging beginning with a tapering tail". The New India Express. 18 January 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "'Jamtara – Sabka Number Ayega' review: Netflix series about a phishing scam will have you hooked". Scroll.in. 14 January 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "Great Performances Make up for the Simple Writing in 'Jamtara'". The Quint. 15 January 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "Jamtara review: Netflix India's underdog series washes away the stench of recent big-budget failures". Hindustan Times. 10 January 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2020.