From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Broadcast area||United Kingdom|
|Branding||This is Heart|
|Slogan||Turn up the feel good|
|Frequency||DAB+: Digital One|
|First air date||29 February 2016|
On 2 February 2016, Global announced that the station would launch as Heart extra on national DAB on 29 February. As Heart Extra, the station broadcast a presenter-free music sequence from 10am-4pm on weekdays, and simulcast Heart London programming outside this time.
On 14 March 2017, Heart Extra was removed from the Sky and Virgin Media TV platforms in favour of new sibling Heart 80s. Heart Extra continued to broadcast on DAB and online as before. Global closed Heart Extra on 12 March 2020, and replaced it with a full-time 'Heart UK' national feed.
Heart Extra Xmas
Heart Extra was re-branded as Heart Extra Xmas, a pop-up Christmas music service with the slogan 'Turn up the festive feel good!', during November and December 2016. The pop-up festive offering was Global's successor to the prior Smooth Christmas service. Heart Extra Xmas ran again at the end of 2017. Heart Extra Xmas was relaunched again for 2018, this time running between 3 November until midnight on 26 December 2018. Heart Extra Xmas relaunched for 2019 on 1 November 2019.
- "Global to launch Heart extra on DAB radio".
- "Heart Extra Has Arrived!". Heart.
- "Join Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden for the All New Heart Breakfast". amp.heart.co.uk.
- "Digital radio with Sky and Freesat from Sky". Digital Radio Choice.
- "Virgin TV Channel guide". Virgin Media.
- "Smooth Extra and Heart extra replaced on Digital One". 12 March 2020.
- "Heart extra Xmas returns for festive season". 3 November 2018.
- "Heart extra turns into Heart extra Xmas". 1 November 2019.
- "How to listen to Heart extra Xmas on DAB, Global Player and smart speaker". Heart.