From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Owned by||Jetix Italy S.r.l. (Jetix Europe) (2004-2009)|
Switchover Media (2009-2013)
Discovery Italia (2013-2014)
|Picture format||4:3 SDTV|
|Audience share||0.05% (2008, )|
|Slogan||Ke ti guardi? (What are you watching?)|
|Timeshift service||GXT +1|
|Website||www.gxt.it (Internet Archive)|
GXT was an Italian subscription-based comedy/entertainment television channel.
Due to Disney's decision to rebrand the Jetix Europe operation under the Disney XD brand umbrella, the Italian subsidiary of Jetix Europe, Jetix Italy S.r.l., bought the Italian Jetix network, renamed itself as Switchover Media, agreed to let the Jetix Italy channel rebrand itself to Disney XD Italy, and purchased K-2 and GXT from Jetix Europe in June 2009. With the acquisition of Switchover Media in January 2013 by Discovery Communications, GXT began to be managed by Discovery EMEA.
On December 31, 2014, GXT ceased broadcasting. On August 1, 2020 GXT relaunched on DTT in Italy Free on air gratis in channel 234 substitute Entertainment Fact.
GXT is design to target a young and predominantly male audience, offering programming geared towards action, humor and excess, including game-shows such as Takeshi's Castle and Sasuke, sports entertainment programs such as WWE and American Gladiators as well as programs produced by Guinness World Records and comedy, action and horror films.
- Bugs Television
- Extreme Dodgeball
- Fear Factor
- Guinness World Records
- Guinness World Records Australia
- Guinness World Records Spagna
- GXT Sport Attack
- HAWAII MEETS VENICE
- Judo Boy
- I Dudesons
- I Re del Cazzeggio
- I Survived a Japanese Game Show
- Kung Faux
- New American Gladiators
- Ninja Warrior
- Poker Big Game
- Poker World Open
- Robot Wars
- Roller Jam
- Scull of Rap
- Sport Stars Challenge
- The Contender Muay thai
- The Power of One
- Total Wipe Out - Pronti a tutto
- Ultimate Poker Challenge
- Unbeatable Banzuke
- Wipe Out - Pronti a tutto
- World Combat League
- WWE After Burn
- WWE Bottom Line
- Battle Dome
- Chilli Factor
- Criss Angel Mindfreak
- Dog the Bounty Hunter
- Ghost Hunters
- Guinness World Records Primetime
- Il Filmazzo
- IFSA Strongman
- Masters of Combat
- Takeshi's Castle
- TNA Live: Xplosion
- TNA Live: iMPACT!
- TNA Story: Pay Per View
- World's Strongest Man
- "Rapporto ANNO 2008". Auditel. Archived from the original on 2009-06-12.
- Lees, Nancy (October 1, 2005). "Got it Need it: Jetix tests the waters beyond boys action with a pilot teen channel in Italy". kidscreen.com. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Jetix Italy bosses buy GXT and K2 channels". digitaltveurope.net. July 16, 2009. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Moody, Annemarie (July 15, 2009). "Jetix Italy Announces Management Buyout". AWN News. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- "Discovery buys Italian broadcaster Switchover". January 15, 2013. January 15, 2013. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- "GXT Programs". GXT. Archived from the original on 3 November 2011. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
|This Italian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|