Facebook DatingWikipedia open wikipedia design.
Type of site
|Online dating service|
Facebook Dating is a digital dating product in development at Facebook.
Facebook Dating is planned as a feature within Facebook's main app rather than a separate app release. Facebook users would create a separate dating profile. After indicating interest in another profile, the service would let the users contact each other. Facebook also plans a feature to let people attending the same event make their profiles visible to each other. In an effort to meet new people, the service ensured that users would not match with their friends, and that they would match with people who had things in common and mutual friends.
The application was different from modern dating apps as you "can expect to find exactly zero swiping." Additionally, existing Facebook users do not have to create a new account, or download a new app, to use their dating service. 
Facebook announced the product at their F8 developer conference in May 2018. The service was not fully announced at the conference, and attendees were told that more information would be coming soon. The feature was in internal beta testing within several months of the conference.
Facebook Dating first launched in Colombia on September 20th, 2018. Users contributed to establishing what the dating site would look like for future users, as it was still in the testing stages. Facebook stated that if the testing went well, it would become a more prominent part of the existing Facebook application. 
- "Facebook expands its dating feature test to Canada and Thailand". The Verge. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "F8 2018: Sharing to Stories, AR Camera Effects, Oculus Go and More Highlights From Day 1 | Facebook Newsroom". Retrieved 2019-04-22.
- Matsakis, Louise (2018-11-08). "Facebook Is Testing Its Dating Service. Here's How It's Different From Tinder". Wired. ISSN 1059-1028. Retrieved 2019-04-22.
- Carman, Ashley (2018-09-20). "Facebook Dating launches today with a test in Colombia". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-04-22.
- Newton, Casey (August 3, 2018). "Facebook has started internal testing of its dating app". The Verge. Retrieved August 4, 2018.
- Constine, Josh (August 3, 2018). "Facebook Dating will be a feature, not an app; here's a peek". TechCrunch. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- Constine, Josh (September 20, 2018). "Inside Facebook Dating, launching first in Colombia". TechCrunch. Retrieved September 29, 2018.
- Harwell, Drew; Dwoskin, Elizabeth (May 3, 2018). "Facebook's dating service is a chance to meet the catfisher, advertiser or scammer of your dreams". Washington Post. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- Matsakis, Louise (September 20, 2018). "Facebook Is Testing Its Dating Service. Here's How It's Different From Tinder". Wired. ISSN 1059-1028.
- Price, Rob (August 3, 2018). "Here's our first look at Facebook's dating feature, now being tested by its employees". Business Insider. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- Statt, Nick (May 1, 2018). "Facebook is taking on Tinder with new dating features". The Verge. Retrieved August 4, 2018.
|This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|