Dichen LachmanWikipedia open wikipedia design.
Lachman at the 2009 Starfury: T1 convention
|Born||22 February 1982|
Max Osinski (m. 2015)
Dichen Lachman(/ /; born 22 February 1982) is an Australian actress. She appeared in the soap opera Neighbours as Katya Kinski and in Joss Whedon's science fiction drama television series Dollhouse as Sierra. Lachman portrayed Suren in the American remake of Being Human as a main character during the show's second season. Lachman has also starred in the 2014 film Lust for Love and had a recurring role in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Lachman stars as Reileen Kawahara in Netflix's Altered Carbon. She has also had a regular role in the TV show Animal Kingdom.
Lachman was born in Kathmandu, where she lived until she was eight years old. She moved to Adelaide, Australia in late 1990 with her family. Her mother is Nepali Tibetan and her Australian father is of German descent. She attended West Lakes Primary School, Gilles Street Primary School, Norwood Morialta High School, St Mary's College, Adelaide, Annesley College and the University of Adelaide. Lachman moved to Los Angeles shortly after she finished with the Australian TV drama Neighbours in 2007.
Lachman first filmed an ad in Australia for Wanadoo, which aired in the United Kingdom. In 2005, she joined the cast of the Australian soap opera Neighbours as Katya Kinski. She had auditioned for the role of Elle Robinson, but the producers decided to create the part of Katya for her.
Lachman played a small role in the feature film Aquamarine. After she finished shooting the role of Aaren in the film Bled, Lachman joined the cast of the film Aztec Rex in Hawaii. In an interview with The Soap Show, Lachman said she had appeared on the BBC television show Ready Steady Cook while visiting England in late 2006. In the interview, she explained that she was in Los Angeles to advance her acting career, but said she would love to work in the UK and Australia.
In an interview with ScifiNow in 2009, Lachman responded to the rumor that she would star in an upcoming television show based on Star Wars by saying, "I am a huge George Lucas fan. I love those movies and it would be a dream come true—I'd love to do it, it would be incredible." She was named one of the 100 hottest women on screen for 2009, by the lesbian media site AfterEllen.com. "What a privilege to be there," she said.
She guest starred as an insurance agent/street racer on NCIS: Los Angeles. She also appeared as Amy Hanamoa, the widow of a murdered police officer, in an episode of Hawaii Five-0. Lachman made a guest appearance in an episode of the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood, for its fourth series Torchwood: Miracle Day. Additionally, in 2011 it was announced in Variety that Lachman would be joining the cast of Being Human as a series regular. Lachman also made a brief appearance in the web-series The Guild during Season 5, episode 8 as a party guest during a gaming convention.
In 2012, it was announced Lachman would be joining the Shawn Ryan–driven pilot Last Resort for ABC, and she subsequently appeared as a main character during the show's 13-episode run. She also guest starred in the second season of the Jane Espenson scripted web series, Husbands.
Between 2010 and 2013, while working on other productions, Lachman and her close friend Anton King produced Lust for Love. King wrote the script in 2010 and used Kickstarter to raise funds to make the movie. The initial goal was to raise US$70,000; however, when the deadline was reached on 11 November 2011 more than 1,500 people had pledged money, with a final figure of US$101,030. To complete the movie, additional funds were raised through friends and family. British filmmaker Jack Wylson came on board as a producer, Australian actor Adam J. Yeend as co-producer, and Adam Bricker as director of photography. Alessandro Ongaro of Luna Pictures Entertainment also made major contributions during post production.
On 11 June 2015, a new movie called Too Late, starring Lachman, was released during the Los Angeles Film Festival. On 22 October 2015, it was announced that Lachman landed a recurring role on the third season of Michael Bay’s action-adventure TNT series The Last Ship. Lachman had been cast as Jesse, a helicopter pilot who lives off-the-grid. She currently stars as Reileen Kawahara in Netflix's original television series, Altered Carbon, an adaptation of the 2002 novel of the same name by Richard K. Morgan. The first season was released on 2 February 2018.
|2005||Eastworld||Thug #4||Short film|
|2006||Safety in Numbers||News Reporter|
|2010||Sunday Punch||Jill||Short film|
|2014||Lust for Love||Cali||also producer|
|2015||Too Late||Jilly Bean|
|2021||Jurassic World: Dominion||Filming|
|2005–2007||Neighbours||Katya Kinski||Series regular; 106 episodes|
|2007||Tyrannosaurus Azteca||Ayacoatl||TV movie|
|2009–2010||Dollhouse||Sierra / Priya Tsetsang||Series regular; 27 episodes|
|2010||NCIS: Los Angeles||Allison Pritchett/Allysia Takada||Episode: "Full Throttle"|
|Hawaii Five-0||Amy Hanamoa||Episode: "Manaʻo"|
|2011||Torchwood: Miracle Day||Lyn Peterfield||Episode: "Rendition"|
|The Guild||Herself||Episode: "Social Traumas"|
|2012||Being Human||Suren||Series regular (season 2); 7 episodes|
|Don't Try This at Home||Jen||Episode: "Sex/Death, Part II"|
|The Glades||Chef Lana Kim||Episode: "Food Fight"|
|Husbands||Pillow Girl #1||Episode: "Appropriate Is Not the Word"|
|The League||Marbella||Episode: "12.12.12"|
|2012–2013||Last Resort||Tani Tumrenjack||Series Regular; 13 episodes|
|2013||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Jessica Lowell||Episode: "Fearless"|
|King & Maxwell||Benny||Recurring; 7 episodes|
|2014||The 100||Anya||Recurring; 7 episodes|
|2014–2015||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.||Jiaying||Recurring; 9 episodes|
|2014–2015||Shameless||Angela||Recurring; 6 episodes|
|2016||The Last Ship||Jesse||Recurring; 8 episodes|
|2016–2017||Supergirl||Roulette/Veronica Sinclair||Guest; 2 episodes|
|2018–2020||Altered Carbon||Reileen Kawahara||Series regular (season 1); 7 episodes|
Guest (season 2); 2 episodes
|2018–present||Animal Kingdom||Frankie||Recurring; 16 episodes|
|2014||Spooked (Web series)||Carol||Episode: "Paranormal Professionals"|
|2015||Hollywood Hitmen||Eva||also producer|
|2016||Scary Endings||Laura (voice only)||Season 1, ep 9 'The Grinning Man'|
Awards and nominations
|2015||E! Online Best. Ever. TV. Awards||Best Fight (Shared with Eliza Taylor)||The 100||Runner-up|||
- "Happy Birthday, Dichen Lachman!". Whedonesque.com. 22 February 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "Dichen Lachman". The Name Engine. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Topel, Fred (5 May 2009). "Dichen Lachman on Dollhouse". CraveOnline. Archived from the original on 28 September 2012. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "Dichen Lachman Interview". Syfy UK blog. 11 December 2010. Archived from the original on 23 February 2014.
- "Dichen Lachman". Supanova Pop Culture Expo. Archived from the original on 4 November 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Swift, Lynn; Jones, Helen (9 March 2010). "Neighbours Made Me Famous!". ATV Network. Retrieved 11 December 2010.
- Ausiello, Michael (27 March 2008). "Breaking: Battlestar Stud Playing Dollhouse with Dushku". TV Guide. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Kristin Dos Santos (26 March 2008). "Dollhouse Casting Alert!". E!. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "Dichen Lachman to star in Star Wars tv series?". Whedonesque.com. 25 August 2009. Archived from the original on 7 January 2014. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Ellis, Scott (31 May 2009). "Doll of role has this star on rise". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Ausiello, Michael (5 January 2011). "Exclusive: Torchwood Adds All My Children Vet Havins, Dollhouse Alum Lachman". TVLine. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Weisman, Jon (29 June 2011), "'Being Human' adds Lachman to cast", Variety
- Ausiello, Michael (8 April 2012), "Dollhouse Alumna Dichen Lachman Boards ABC's Undersea Drama Pilot Last Resort", TVLine
- Vary, Adam B (28 June 2012). "'Husbands': EP and star on season 2 of their gay-marriage web series -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- "Lust For Love". 1 August 2013.
- Bricker, Tierney (13 January 2014). "The 100 Casting Scoop: Dollhouse Alum to Guest Star on the CW's New Drama". E!.
- "Nikki M. James Joins 'BrainDead'; 'The Last Ship' Casts 2". Deadline Hollywood. 22 October 2015.
- "'Altered Carbon': James Purefoy, Martha Higareda & 2 Others Cast In Netflix Series". Deadline TV. 4 August 2016.
- "And the Winners Are... from Best. Ever. TV. Awards 2015: And the Winners Are!". E! Online.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dichen Lachman.|