From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
dblp's logo since 2012[update]
Type of site
|Owner||Schloss Dagstuhl – Leibniz-Zentrum für Informatik (LZI)|
|Created by||Michael Ley|
|Editor||Leibniz Center for Informatics|
DBLP is a computer science bibliography website. Starting in 1993 at Universität Trier in Germany, it grew from a small collection of HTML files and became an organization hosting a database and logic programming bibliography site. Since November 2018, DBLP is a branch of Schloss Dagstuhl – Leibniz-Zentrum für Informatik (LZI). DBLP listed more than 5.4 million journal articles, conference papers, and other publications on computer science in December 2020, up from about 14,000 in 1995 and 3.66 million in July 2016. All important journals on computer science are tracked. Proceedings papers of many conferences are also tracked. It is mirrored at three sites across the Internet.
For his work on maintaining DBLP, Michael Ley received an award from the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and the VLDB Endowment Special Recognition Award in 1997. Furthermore, he was awarded the ACM Distinguished Service Award for "creating, developing, and curating DBLP" in 2019.
DBLP originally stood for DataBase systems and Logic Programming. As a backronym, it has been taken to stand for Digital Bibliography & Library Project; however, it is now preferred that the acronym be simply a name, hence the new title "The DBLP Computer Science Bibliography".
2.0b / September 6, 2006
DBL-Browser (Digital Bibliographic Library Browser) is a utility for browsing the DBLP website. The browser was written by Alexander Weber in 2005 at the University of Trier. It was designed for use off-line in reading the DBLP, which consisted of 696,000 bibliographic entries in 2005 (and in 2015 has more than 2.9 million).
DBL-Browser is GPL software, available for download from SourceForge. It uses the XML DTD. Written in Java programming language, this code shows the bibliographic entry in several types of screens, ranging from graphics to text:
- Author page
- Article page
- Table of contents
- Related conferences / journals
- Related authors (graphic representation of relationships)
- Trend analysis (graphics histogram)
DBLP is similar to the bibliographic portion of arxiv.org which also links to articles. DBL-Browser provides a means to view some of the associated computer science articles.
- List of academic databases and search engines
- Association for Computational Linguistics
- Google Scholar
- Live Search Academic
- The Collection of Computer Science Bibliographies
- Ley, Michael (2009). DBLP: Some Lessons Learned (PDF). VLDB. Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment. 2 (2). pp. 1493–1500. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.151.3018. doi:10.14778/1687553.1687577. ISSN 2150-8097. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- "Bibliographic database "dblp" celebrates silver anniversary". dagstuhl.de. Retrieved December 9, 2019.
- "Records in DBLP". Statistics. DBLP. Retrieved December 1, 2019.
- "Computer science bibliography". DBLP. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- Ley, Michael (2002). "The DBLP Computer Science Bibliography: Evolution, Research Issues, Perspectives". String Processing and Information Retrieval. LNCS. Springer-Verlag. 2000: 481–486. doi:10.1007/3-540-45735-6_1. ISBN 978-3-540-44158-8. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Petricek, Vaclav; Cox, Ingemar J.; Han, Hui; Councill, Isaac G.; Giles, C. Lee (2005). "A Comparison of On-Line Computer Science Citation Databases". Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries. LNCS. Springer-Verlag. 3652: 438–449. arXiv:cs/0703043. doi:10.1007/11551362_39. ISBN 978-3-540-28767-4. S2CID 143822.
- "Michael Ley: ACM Distinguished Service Award". ACM (Association for Computing Machinery).
- Wadern, Schloss Dagstuhl-Leibniz-Zentrum für Informatik GmbH, 66687. "Schloss Dagstuhl : Dr. Michael Ley to receive the ACM Distinguished Service Award". www.dagstuhl.de. Retrieved January 23, 2021.
- Ley, Michael; Reuther, Patrick (2006). "Maintaining an Online Bibliographical Database: The Problem of Data Quality" (PDF). Extraction et Gestion des Connaissances 2006. EGC 2006. Revue des Nouvelles Technologies de l'Information. RNTI-E-6. pp. 5–10. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.67.6180. ISBN 2-85428-718-5. S2CID 60831687. Retrieved November 4, 2020.
- "What is the meaning of the acronym dblp?". FAQ. DBLP. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
|Wikidata has the properties: |
- Official website
- "LZI+DBLP". Schloss Dagstuhl. Leibniz Center for Informatics. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- DBL-Browser at the Wayback Machine (archived 2011-02-22)
- FacetedDBLP provides a faceted search interface to DBLP, synchronized once per week with the DBLP database. In addition to common facets such as year, author, or venues, it contains a topic-based facet summarizing and characterizing the current result set based on the author keywords for individual publications. For the DBLP data, FacetedDBLP also provides an RDF dump (using D2R server technology) as well as an SQL dump based on the underlying mysql database.
- confsearch Conference search engine and calendar based on DBLP.
- CloudMining DBLP is another faceted search solution with different visualizations.