Claude Bernard University Lyon 1Wikipedia open wikipedia design.
Université Claude-Bernard Lyon 1
|Endowment||€421 M (2016)|
|Affiliations||University of Lyon|
The Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (French: Université Claude-Bernard Lyon 1, UCBL), is one of the three public universities of Lyon, France. The dominant areas of study covered by the university are science and medicine. The main administrative, teaching and research facilities are located in Villeurbanne. Other campus are the domains of Gerland, Rockefeller and Laennec. Attached to the University are the Hospices civils de Lyon including the "Centre hospitalier Lyon Sud", which is the largest teaching hospital in the Rhône-Alpes region and second largest in France.
Out of the 2630 faculty 700 are also medical practitioners at local teaching hospitals. The university is independent since January 2009. Its yearly budget is 421 Mio Euros.
Areas of study
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Earth science
- Electrical engineering
- Computer science
- Mechanical engineering
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Sport (STAPS, "Sciences et Techniques des Activités Physiques et Sportives")
- Observatory of Lyon
- ISFA, Graduate School of Actuarial Studies (ISFA, "Institut de Science Financière et d'Assurances")
- Engineering school École polytechnique universitaire de l'université Lyon-I
- Nataly Mermet, Équation : 40 ans d'innovation à l'Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Glénat, 2011.
- (in French) Université Claude Bernard Website
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Université Lyon 1.|
|This article about a French university, college, or other educational institution is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|