Clarivate AnalyticsWikipedia open wikipedia design.
|Predecessor||The Intellectual Property and Science business of Thomson Reuters|
|Jay Nadler (CEO)|
|Owners||Onex and Baring Private Equity Asia|
Clarivate Analytics is a company that owns and operates a collection of subscription-based services focused largely on analytics, including scientific and academic research, patent analytics, regulatory standards, trademark protection, pharmaceutical and biotechnology intelligence, domain brand protection and intellectual property management. The services include Web of Science, Cortellis, Derwent Innovation, Derwent World Patents Index, CompuMark, MarkMonitor, Techstreet, Publons, EndNote and Kopernio.
Clarivate Analytics was formerly the "Intellectual Property and Science" business of Thomson Reuters. In 2016 Thomson Reuters struck a $3.55 billion dollar deal in which they spun it off into an independent company and sold it to private-equity firms Onex Corporation and Baring Private Equity Asia.
In May 2018, Clarivate Analytics launched Arabic citation index worldwide.
- Ojala, Marydee (2017). "Clarivate Analytics: new name, established products". Online Searcher. 41 (3): 21–23.
- Clarivate Analytics. "About Us: What We Do". Retrieved 2017-06-19.
- Grant, Bob (2016-07-15). "Web of Science sold for more than $3 billion". The Scientist. Retrieved 2018-06-29.
- "Acquisition of the Thomson Reuters Intellectual Property and Science business by Onex and Baring Asia completed" (Press release). Clarivate Analytics. PR Newswire. 2016-10-03. Retrieved 2018-06-29.
- "First Arabic citation index worldwide to be launched in Egypt - Egypt Today". www.egypttoday.com. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- Singh, Vandana (2019-01-14). "Churchill Capital to merge with Clarivate Analytics". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 2019-01-16.