From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Born||February 7, 1940|
|Known for||Founder of Selz Capital|
Bernard Thierry Selz (born February 7, 1940) is a fund manager and anti-vaccination supporter based in Manhattan. His wife Lisa serves as president of the Selz Foundation, a charitable group. They are major financiers of anti-vaccination groups.
Early life and education
Selz founded Selz Capital in November 2003. The firm is headquartered in New York City. It has approximately $750 million of from 24 high net worth clients under management. It employs four people.
The Selz Foundation has been described operating "with a focus on humanitarian, educational, geriatric, homeopathic, animal causes and the arts." The foundation has been a major supporter of LaGuardia Community College in Queens and Columbia University where it has endowed professorships in medieval art and Pre-Columbian art and archaeology. The foundation does not accept unsolicited requests.
The Selz Foundation provides roughly three-fourths of the funding for the Informed Consent Action Network, an anti-vaccination charity led by Lisa Selz and Del Bigtree. The foundation also gave $1.6 million to two non-profits, one of which (AMC Foundation) funded Autism Media Channel LLC, the group that produced the 2016 American documentary film Vaxxed.: . In total, the Selz Foundation is estimated to have donated over $3 million to the anti-vaccine movement.:
- Sun, Lena H.; Brittain, Amy (19 June 2019). "Meet the New York couple donating millions to the anti-vax movement". Washington Post. Archived from the original on 2019-06-19. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- "Company Overview of Selz Capital LLC". Bloomburg. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- "U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Form ADV". adviserinfo.sec.gov. 3 September 2019. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "SELZ CAPITAL LLC". Whale Wisdom. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- Adeniji, Ade. "How This Wealthy Couple Supports Archaeology and Arts on Campus". Inside Philanthropy. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- Feldman, Ari (June 19, 2019). "Wealthy Jewish Philanthropists Responsible For Funding Anti-Vaccine Organizations". Jewish Daily Forward.
- "Frick Collection Elects Two New Members to Board of Trustees Bradford Evans and Bernard Selz | The Frick Collection". www.frick.org. Retrieved 2020-07-05.