Simeon von Habsburg
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Simeon von Habsburg
|Occupation||Partner and managing director of VP Bank AG|
Princess María of Bourbon-Two Sicilies
|Parent(s)||Archduke Rudolf of Austria|
Countess Xenia Czernichev-Besobrasov
Simeon Carl Eugen Joseph Leopold von Habsburg (born 29 June 1958 in Katana, South Kivu, Belgian Congo), also called Simeon Habsburg-Lothringen and Archduke Simeon of Austria, is an Austrian banker, partner and managing director of VP Bank AG in Liechtenstein. He is a member of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine and as such an Archduke of Austria, Prince of Hungary and Bohemia with the style His Imperial and Royal Highness. He is the third-eldest child of Archduke Rudolf of Austria and his first wife, Countess Xenia Czernichev-Besobrasov. Simeon is a paternal grandson of Charles I of Austria, last ruler of Austria-Hungary.
Marriage and issue
Simeon married Princess María of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, daughter of Infante Carlos, Duke of Calabria and his wife Princess Anne of Orléans, on 13 July 1996 in La Toledana, Spain. Simeon is a (half) second cousin of his wife's father, both being great-grandchildren of Robert I, Duke of Parma. María's father descends from Duke Robert's first marriage and Simeon from the Duke's second marriage.
The couple has five children:
- Archduke Johannes Rudolf Antonio Maria of Austria (born 29 October 1997 in Hohenems, Vorarlberg, Austria)
- Archduke Ludwig Christian Fransikus Maria of Austria (born 16 November 1998 in Grabs, St. Gallen, Switzerland)
- Archduchess Isabelle Rocio Maravillas Lourdes of Austria (born 14 September 2000 in Grabs, St. Gallen, Switzerland)
- Archduchess Carlotta Adelaïde Teresa Maria of Austria (born 16 January 2003 in Grabs, St. Gallen, Switzerland)
- Archduke Philipp Jozef Christian Maria of Austria (born 15 January 2007 in Grabs, St. Gallen, Switzerland)
- Almanach de Gotha (2018), 'Austria', Pages 42-86
- "S.K.K.H. Simeon von Habsburg" (PDF).
- "H.R.H. Simeon von Habsburg".
- de Badts de Cugnac, Chantal. Coutant de Saisseval, Guy. Le Petit Gotha’’. Nouvelle Imprimerie Laballery, Paris 2002, p. 172-174, 196-197, 404 (French) ISBN 2-9507974-3-1
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XV. "Spanien". C.A. Starke Verlag, 1997, pp. 104-105. (German) ISBN 3-7980-0814-0.