From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Alma mater||Princeton University (A.B)|
|Occupation||News anchor, former Republican strategist|
|Employer||Mercury Radio Arts|
|Home town||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|This article is part of a series on|
the United States
Amy Mulenga Holmes (born July 25, 1973) is a Zambian-born American journalist and political commentator. Holmes co-hosts, with fellow commentator Michael Gerson, a politically conservative-oriented talk show on PBS titled In Principle.  She is a former contributor to NBC News.
Holmes formerly was a news anchor on Glenn Beck's TheBlaze TV and a former host of TheBlaze's news discussion program Real News. From 2015 to 2016, she hosted Way Too Early, which airs week-days on MSNBC at 5:30 a.m. Eastern Time, as a lead-in to Morning Joe. She also has appeared as an independent political contributor for CNN and on Fox News, and has appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher numerous times.
Life and career
She has guest co-hosted The View and co-hosted Fox News' Glenn Beck while Beck was on the road with his "Unelectable" show. She has also appeared on the HBO show Real Time with Bill Maher. She was an anchor of a morning radio program syndicated by The Washington Times newspaper called "America's Morning News". She has appeared with Cenk Uygur on MSNBC Live, and on Reliable Sources, Morning Joe, and Media Buzz.
After working for several years for Independent Women's Forum, from 2003 to 2006, Holmes wrote Senate floor statements for Bill Frist, a two-term United States Senator from Tennessee and Republican Majority Leader.
- "Association of Black Princeton Alumni". Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- "PBS launching new conservative political talk show". Seattle Times. February 28, 2018. Retrieved October 27, 2018.
- "CNN". cnn.com. Archived from the original on December 21, 2014. Retrieved February 7, 2015.
- Holmes, Amy (January 21, 2008). "Amy Holmes Pt. 1 – The Q&A Cafe with Carol Joynt". YouTube (Interview). Interviewed by Carol Joynt. Retrieved February 7, 2015.
- "Amy Holmes: Political Commentator". People Magazine. May 8, 2000. Retrieved January 31, 2009.
- Argetsinger, Amy; Roberts, Roxanne (November 28, 2006). "Hot Topics but No Heated Discussions As Amy Holmes Sits In on 'The View'". The Washington Post. Retrieved April 27, 2011. (in The Reliable Source)
- Baker, Scott; Stephans, Liz (August 10, 2011), Blaze Editor-In-Chief Scott Baker Sits Down with Blaze GBTV News Anchor Amy Holmes, The B-Cast with Scott Baker & Liz Stephans, archived from the original (podcast) on November 7, 2012
- Limpert, Ann; Graff, Garrett M. (July 1, 2006). "20 Fabulous Singles: Amy Holmes
They're smart, funny, successful, and available – for now". Washingtonian magazine. Archived from the original on November 10, 2006. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- Beck, Glenn (August 9, 2011), GBTV names Amy Holmes new anchor for The Blaze (embedded video), GlennBeck.com