AmalgaviridaeWikipedia open wikipedia design.
Amalgaviridae is a family of double-stranded RNA viruses that has two genera: Amalgavirus and Zybavirus. Members of both the family and of the genus Amalgavirus are referred to as amalgaviruses. There are currently ten recognized species of the family. The family is called amalga, from amalgam, due to the viruses possessing characteristics of both partitiviruses and totiviruses, indicating a likely genetic relation to those two families. Members of this family infect plants and are transmitted vertically via seeds. Their genomes are monopartite, about 3.5 kilobases in length, and contain two partially overlapping open reading frames, encoding the RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp) and a putative capsid protein.
- Genus: Amalgavirus; species:
- Genus: Zybavirus; species:
- Zygosaccharomyces bailii virus Z, the type species
It has been suggested that amalgaviruses have evolved via recombination between viruses with double-stranded and negative-strand RNA genomes. Specifically, phylogenetic analyses have shown that the amalgavirus RdRps form a sister clade to the corresponding proteins of partitiviruses (Partitiviridae) which have segmented (bipartite) dsRNA genomes and infect plants, fungi and protists. By contrast, the putative capsid protein of amalgaviruses is homologous to the nucleocapsid proteins of negative-strand RNA viruses of the genera Phlebovirus (Bunyaviridae) and Tenuivirus.
|Wikispecies has information related to Amalgaviridae|
- "Taxonomy". International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV). Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- Martin, R. R.; Zhou, J; Tzanetakis, I. E. (2011). "Blueberry latent virus: An amalgam of the Partitiviridae and Totiviridae". Virus Research. 155 (1): 175–80. doi:10.1016/j.virusres.2010.09.020. PMID 20888379.
- Sabanadzovic, S; Valverde, R. A.; Brown, J. K.; Martin, R. R.; Tzanetakis, I. E. (2009). "Southern tomato virus: The link between the families Totiviridae and Partitiviridae". Virus Research. 140 (1–2): 130–7. doi:10.1016/j.virusres.2008.11.018. PMID 19118586.
- Sabanadzovic, S; Abou Ghanem-Sabanadzovic, N; Valverde, R. A. (2010). "A novel monopartite dsRNA virus from rhododendron". Archives of Virology. 155 (11): 1859–63. doi:10.1007/s00705-010-0770-5. PMID 20721591.
- Liu, W; Chen, J (2009). "A double-stranded RNA as the genome of a potential virus infecting Vicia faba". Virus Genes. 39 (1): 126–31. doi:10.1007/s11262-009-0362-1. PMID 19472044.
- Krupovic M, Dolja VV, Koonin EV (2015). "Plant viruses of the Amalgaviridae family evolved via recombination between viruses with double-stranded and negative-strand RNA genomes". Biol Direct. 10 (1): 12. doi:10.1186/s13062-015-0047-8. PMC 4377212. PMID 25886840.